This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any way to help cure an Apple victim?

#41ShubPosted 5/31/2014 10:00:43 AM
GunmaN1905 posted...
My samsung galaxy s2 that I paid $150 costs 4 times less than iphone 5s

I, too, can buy a 3-year-old piece of hardware and be like omfg lol its so much cheeper then the latest n greatst durrhurr.

How do you manage to breathe?
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#42DragnfyrPosted 5/31/2014 10:04:56 AM(edited)
GunmaN1905 posted...
My samsung galaxy s2 that I paid $150 costs 4 times less than iphone 5s and with my custom rom (that any dummy can install in less than an hour) has better benchmark performance, better customization options, better market apps, you're absolutley free to do anything to CPU or any factory hardware settings with just one simple menu.
It also has better looks, is thinner, better display and isn't prone to breaking after falling from 20centimeters on a carpet.
And you have countless android phones like s2.

Not sure if you're trolling but most of the things you just said are factually wrong. The S2 is a 3 year old phone so I would be very surprised if you could show one benchmark where it actually beats the iPhone 5S. And benchmarks numbers are worthless as an indicator of real life performance. Even on PC when you look at a graphics card review you look at the gaming performance and skip the synthetic benchmarks.
Better customization is a given since it's Android I don't think most people need or want that level of customization.
Better market apps? For the most part I'm going to have to say iOS is still winning a little bit here but Android has pretty much caught up.
Looks better? That's subjective and personally I think aluminum > plastic any day. Also the iPhone 5S is 7.6mm thin while the S2 is 8.5mm.
Better display? Lol no. The S2 has a much lower PPI and iPhone displays are one of the best on the market.

And performance hasn't mattered for a couple of years now. All flagship phones run their respective software smoothly. If anything I would say the S5 is pretty overpriced when things like the Nexus 5 exist.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+240GB SSDs
#43tiger8191Posted 5/31/2014 10:02:26 AM
AmandaKimmel posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Here's your problem. The experience doesn't fit you and that's fine. What's not fine is whining like a little ***** about other people choosing an experience that does suit them. Its not your place to presume to tell people how "brainwashed" you think they are.

I'm not whining. What I'm doing is asking for advice to help my parents because they're trying to force their s*** on me and trying to make me be their tech support when they refuse to listen to a word of advice I give them. It's hypocritical and it annoys the piss out of me.

Grow up and be a man, maybe? Your post comes off as if you are a whiny child whether you intended it to be or not.
---
www.twitch.tv/fearsomebeaver
#44anonymous4everPosted 5/31/2014 10:05:18 AM
Majoras_pants posted...
Yeah, no. Macbooks are great laptops, even for their cost. They're not going to beat a self built desktop, but that serves a completely different purpose.

Blind apple hate is ridiculous. They have some damn good products. Sure, top Android ibrands are better than iPhones, but iPhones are still good. Sure you can beat an apple desktop with a machine you built yourself. But Macbooks are great. Extremely well built, premium products.

This. TC is ignorant.
#45KidInTheHallPosted 5/31/2014 10:06:36 AM
Fire......and lots of it.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#46KamenRiderBladePosted 5/31/2014 10:13:41 AM
Stand up for yourself and tell them they are flat out wrong.

If they want help with tech, either side with you, or they are on their own.
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#47PhilOnDezPosted 5/31/2014 10:16:38 AM
GunmaN1905 posted...
My samsung galaxy s2 that I paid $150 costs 4 times less than iphone 5s and with my custom rom (that any dummy can install in less than an hour) has better benchmark performance,

ima stop you right there and post some benchmarks that show the 5s being 2-3 times as fast as the S4 which is 2-3 times as fast as the S3. There's no way in hell your S2 is twice as fast as an S4. The S2 doesn't even beat the iPhone 4 and the 5S is 3 generations removed from that with each generation pretty much doubling the iPhone's performance.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review/5

Also keep in mind that Samsung phones, or t least their OSes, are designed to detect benchmarking software and ramp clocks up to unsustainable levels for the duration of the test while iOS doesn't.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#48GunmaN1905Posted 5/31/2014 10:33:37 AM
Oh well, noone noticed part where I said that there's countless android phones that give a lot better price/performance ratio than iphones ever will.
Lol @ using stock android roms as a reference, stock android users are even worse than apple buyers. You buy a phone with 30% potential unlocked and leave it like that.
I maybe exaggerated 5s vs s2 comparasion, but it's in there with iphone4s and s3 is in there with iphone5 if you optimize it properly.
Yea, why would anyone want such customization as a memory card, it's so 2011.
(i'm just looking at iphone5's specs right now an laughing)
Still @8mp camera ok.
1500mAh battery...
no micro usb?
dual core 1.3ghz??
no java what?
640x1136 resolution?

I rest my case. It would be a decent purchase for maybe $250, but it's $690 as I see in amazon and I'm literally amazed how can you defend such product.
You can go with this logic: Every galaxy generation when optimized can run better than the next generation and since iphone is (at least) one generation behind that makes s3=iphone5.
---
PSN: GunmaN1905
#49PhilOnDezPosted 5/31/2014 10:36:28 AM
Please post these magical benchmarks. Til then, you're full of ****. I guarantee if Samsung could literally triple the performance of their phones with software they'd do it.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#50Love_Me_SexyPosted 5/31/2014 10:50:42 AM
GunmaN1905 posted...
Oh well, noone noticed part where I said that there's countless android phones that give a lot better price/performance ratio than iphones ever will.
Lol @ using stock android roms as a reference, stock android users are even worse than apple buyers. You buy a phone with 30% potential unlocked and leave it like that.
I maybe exaggerated 5s vs s2 comparasion, but it's in there with iphone4s and s3 is in there with iphone5 if you optimize it properly.
Yea, why would anyone want such customization as a memory card, it's so 2011.
(i'm just looking at iphone5's specs right now an laughing)
Still @8mp camera ok.
1500mAh battery...
no micro usb?
dual core 1.3ghz??
no java what?
640x1136 resolution?

I rest my case. It would be a decent purchase for maybe $250, but it's $690 as I see in amazon and I'm literally amazed how can you defend such product.
You can go with this logic: Every galaxy generation when optimized can run better than the next generation and since iphone is (at least) one generation behind that makes s3=iphone5.

What would the TCs parents need this for? They asked for instructions on how to set a printer up, they definitely arent going to be rooting their phones.

You people have to get it through your thick skulls that not everyone is a power user or needs to have the device pump out 100% of its hardware capability, ESPECIALLY on a phone. They will use the phone for:

calls
texting
emails
internet
maybe some apps.

Try to use your brain before spouting nonsense.
---
4930k || X79 Deluxe || MSI 760 4GB || 16GB RAM || 240GB SSD || 2x180GB SSD (RAID0) || 4TB SSHD || 1200w PSU