This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any way to help cure an Apple victim?

#61CammyApplePosted 5/31/2014 11:09:47 AM
cancerstorm posted...
phone contracts suck ass if your live around toronto

cable internet is equally ass

And neither is forced upon you. You have a choice in each matter.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#62jedinatPosted 5/31/2014 11:12:56 AM(edited)
Dragnfyr posted...
GunmaN1905 posted...
Please don't tell me those guys buy their phones by signing contracts.

As much as contracts are vilified, if you actually consider the cost of ownership over 2-3 years a contract is cheaper than buying a phone outright if you want a plan with a decent amount of data. At least that's the case here in Canada because phone plans cost the same regardless of if you're on contract or off contract. The only time it's worth going off contract is if you're spending less than $40-$50 a month but those plans are pretty much only talk and text with maybe 500MB data at most. If you're spending more than $50 you may as well save the extra $15 a month from the subsidy. Also the great thing here in Canada is that there are no real "contracts" any more. Everything works on the tab system where you can cancel your contract at any time by paying off the remaining subsidy on your phone. You don't spend any more than buying the phone outright when you sign a contract.

You can get off contract plans for $35/mo with unlimited data here... (US). And data isn't even worth it for me since I have wifi everywhere. I pay $10/mo.
#63GunmaN1905Posted 5/31/2014 11:13:02 AM
Oh well, you really get ripped off in north america by mobile providers.
For $5 a month I get 150minutes of talking, 150sms messages and 1.5GB of 3g.
$10=300mins, 300sms, 3gb
$25=1k mins, 1k sms, 10gb.

For that review site, they compare 5s to samsung two releases behind? And they compare only gpu. That's more likely "let's find something that iphone excels at and compare it to a phone that's outdated in that part".

And love_me_sexy confirmed stereotypical american when it comes to cars. Comparing cars by BHP only. I guess that's ok in your country where you have no turns.
Btw, unless car is meant for racing, you gotta look at comfort and such things that aren't in specs, while phones don't exactly have that category unless they start making leather casings.
People that get $300k cars don't care about money, so can we stay in real world here please.
Point is that I know people who buy iphones just because they want to maintain some twisted "social status" of theirs while missing that extra 300$ for something they really could use in life.

Btw, I dislike windows and I'd never use them if it wasn't for gaming.
---
PSN: GunmaN1905
#64LvthnPosted 5/31/2014 11:16:45 AM
GunmaN1905 posted...
And love_me_sexy confirmed stereotypical american when it comes to cars.

A stereotypical American wouldn't have cited a 600HP Camaro without really telling a story about that car. I mean really man, what the holy hell did you do to it?

Or mentioned a Bentley, for that matter.

But really, how is Apple is somehow the Bentley of electronics? More like the Prius - overpriced and sluggish but comes with a license for the owner to be a smug evangelist and ask everyone they meet when they plan to "upgrade" to the same.
#65CammyApplePosted 5/31/2014 11:19:01 AM
GunmaN1905 posted...
$10=300mins, 300sms, 3gb

For that review site, they compare 5s to samsung two releases behind? And they compare only gpu. That's more likely "let's find something that iphone excels at and compare it to a phone that's outdated in that part".

And love_me_sexy confirmed stereotypical american when it comes to cars. Comparing cars by BHP only. I guess that's ok in your country where you have no turns.
Btw, unless car is meant for racing, you gotta look at comfort and such things that aren't in specs, while phones don't exactly have that category unless they start making leather casings.
People that get $300k cars don't care about money, so can we stay in real world here please.
Point is that I know people who buy iphones just because they want to maintain some twisted "social status" of theirs while missing that extra 300$ for something they really could use in life.

First the "no turns" nonsesne. Where are you talking about that has "no turns"? We have turns an hills.

Now the bold.

Who are you to decide what others "need" in their lives? Anything can be bought or had for some sort of "status" so don't try and boil it down to just an iPhone. You see just as many sad sacks waving around their TV, Shoes, GPU, and so on.

Then there are those that have the extra money because they don't buy those things and actually like the iPhone so they buy that.

Further still if you really disliked Windows you wouldn't use it even for gaming. Trying to justify the choice seems silly.

Principals are easy when you never really have to back them up.
---
#66CammyApplePosted 5/31/2014 11:21:50 AM
Lvthn posted...
GunmaN1905 posted...
And love_me_sexy confirmed stereotypical american when it comes to cars.

A stereotypical American wouldn't have cited a 600HP Camaro without really telling a story about that car. I mean really man, what the holy hell did you do to it?

Or mentioned a Bentley, for that matter.

But really, how is Apple is somehow the Bentley of electronics? More like the Prius - overpriced and sluggish but comes with a license for the owner to be a smug evangelist and ask everyone they meet when they plan to "upgrade" to the same.

Which is somehow different from the tech-atheist making snarky comments about all the other brands and options but seeing no fault in their choice?
---
#67GunmaN1905Posted 5/31/2014 11:23:35 AM
CammyApple posted...
GunmaN1905 posted...
$10=300mins, 300sms, 3gb

First the "no turns" nonsesne. Where are you talking about that has "no turns"? We have turns an hills.

Now the bold.

Who are you to decide what others "need" in their lives? Anything can be bought or had for some sort of "status" so don't try and boil it down to just an iPhone. You see just as many sad sacks waving around their TV, Shoes, GPU, and so on.

Then there are those that have the extra money because they don't buy those things and actually like the iPhone so they buy that.

Further still if you really disliked Windows you wouldn't use it even for gaming. Trying to justify the choice seems silly.

Which principals? Windows is an necessary evil, while iphone isn't.
That turn part was a joke, but whatever.

Those people you mentioned are same as ones I did.

And I forgot something. Love_me_sexy saying performance doesn't matter and you go with what you like but he has his his specs in his sig instead of his casing picture. How come?
---
PSN: GunmaN1905
#68bobhome2Posted 5/31/2014 11:25:51 AM
People had this mindset in the 1990s, too. "Apple is horrible, or something."

Look, I love building computers, I love coding. Some people don't. Some like it when a computer will turn on each day, and work as intended without fuss. They don't care so much about the initial cost.

Those people would likely be happy with an Apple computer. If you're not part of that, cool. But it's not something worth complaining about.
#69CammyApplePosted 5/31/2014 11:26:42 AM
GunmaN1905 posted...
CammyApple posted...
GunmaN1905 posted...
$10=300mins, 300sms, 3gb

Now the bold.

Which principals? Windows is an necessary evil, while iphone isn't.
That turn part was a joke, but whatever.

Those people you mentioned are same as ones I did.

And I forgot something. Love_me_sexy saying performance doesn't matter and you go with what you like but he has his his specs in his sig instead of his casing picture. How come?

Windows is not a "necessary evil". You would be just fine without it. Much like those without iPhones get by just fine.
---
#70Orestes417Posted 5/31/2014 11:28:00 AM

Probably because a picture of a case is useless for diagnostic purposes while specs tell you a great deal regardless of what the performance is.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.