This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any way to help cure an Apple victim?

#91drinkPosted 6/1/2014 2:58:44 AM
I been a windows user starting from Windows 98. I was like you, not liking or even wanting to use a Mac. Saying it was over priced, windows allowed you to do more, pretty much everything you have said. There my GF got a Mac for her masters in college. I have not had to do any fixing, reinstalling, scanning, no drivers downloading....nothing! Not a signal issue during the past two years. Compared to when she had a windows laptop and had tons of issues for only a school computer. Even my own PC had issues that requiring my work was saved and backup on another drive and needing a anti virus every year.

I currently use a Macbook as my laptop and windows desktop. I must say that even if it cost more, its worth it to me. Its simple, reliable, and pretty much does the work for you. Some day I do think I could had built a new gaming computer, but I would have a laptop as go as this. Even at my job, 99% of the PC I fix are windows. Very rarely does a Mac come across my desk. For non techie people or old people, Macs are perfect. I wish my family has Macs, then I wouldn't be getting calls once a month about some popup or other issue

Just because you don't see the value does mean it not good. Once you can see past "Macs are overpriced and Apple sucks", I think you will become a better "computer guy".

The best analogy of mac vs windows I seen is "normal cars vs luxury/sports cars". Sure a normal car will do the same thing, but not as good.
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#92KharilllePosted 6/1/2014 6:13:37 AM
I hate apple and I find iphones offensive. What bothers me is how some of the fans are weirdos with no personality and tend to keep promoting that junkie jobs.... I suppose its an infectious disease and not hereditary...

I'm glad there are people like the original poster around... Best cure for an apple fan is a baseball bat or asylum.....
#93reincarnator07Posted 6/1/2014 6:16:53 AM
drink posted...
I been a windows user starting from Windows 98. I was like you, not liking or even wanting to use a Mac. Saying it was over priced, windows allowed you to do more, pretty much everything you have said. There my GF got a Mac for her masters in college. I have not had to do any fixing, reinstalling, scanning, no drivers downloading....nothing! Not a signal issue during the past two years. Compared to when she had a windows laptop and had tons of issues for only a school computer. Even my own PC had issues that requiring my work was saved and backup on another drive and needing a anti virus every year.

I currently use a Macbook as my laptop and windows desktop. I must say that even if it cost more, its worth it to me. Its simple, reliable, and pretty much does the work for you. Some day I do think I could had built a new gaming computer, but I would have a laptop as go as this. Even at my job, 99% of the PC I fix are windows. Very rarely does a Mac come across my desk. For non techie people or old people, Macs are perfect. I wish my family has Macs, then I wouldn't be getting calls once a month about some popup or other issue

Just because you don't see the value does mean it not good. Once you can see past "Macs are overpriced and Apple sucks", I think you will become a better "computer guy".

The best analogy of mac vs windows I seen is "normal cars vs luxury/sports cars". Sure a normal car will do the same thing, but not as good.

The problem with that analogy implies that one is superior to the other. I kinda see it like an action figure compared to a model kit with articulation. An action figure is good to go out of the box and due to fewer parts has a lot less that can go wrong. A model kit requires a lot more input from the user and is more complex, but is ultimately going to be much more customizable and you can do more with it. Both are good for different reasons.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#94drinkPosted 6/1/2014 6:58:29 AM
reincarnator07 posted...
drink posted...

The problem with that analogy implies that one is superior to the other. I kinda see it like an action figure compared to a model kit with articulation. An action figure is good to go out of the box and due to fewer parts has a lot less that can go wrong. A model kit requires a lot more input from the user and is more complex, but is ultimately going to be much more customizable and you can do more with it. Both are good for different reasons.

Same could be said with your analogy. The model kit sounds much better. I wasn't implying one is better then the other, just that one offers something different and sometimes higher quality at a higher price. Superiority is a opinion just like overpriced. Not everyone life style fits a Mac...or Windows. Get what suits you and don't look down on people that like something different.
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#95IzicialPosted 6/1/2014 7:01:46 AM
Majoras_pants posted...
Yeah, no. Macbooks are great laptops, even for their cost. They're not going to beat a self built desktop, but that serves a completely different purpose.

Blind apple hate is ridiculous. They have some damn good products. Sure, top Android ibrands are better than iPhones, but iPhones are still good. Sure you can beat an apple desktop with a machine you built yourself. But Macbooks are great. Extremely well built, premium products.

No they literally don't. Apple laptops are like Alienware. Terrible build quality and are at least $500-$1000 more expensive than they need to be.

And yes I did compare Apple to Alienware that's how much disdain I have for Apple.
---
Check out my SL 1 playthough of Dark Souls II on my channel Izzy Games.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL19gU5IpjVkl-9LtY2ASx8ouTspMrGfN_
#96DragnfyrPosted 6/1/2014 7:50:17 AM
Izicial posted...
Majoras_pants posted...
Yeah, no. Macbooks are great laptops, even for their cost. They're not going to beat a self built desktop, but that serves a completely different purpose.

Blind apple hate is ridiculous. They have some damn good products. Sure, top Android ibrands are better than iPhones, but iPhones are still good. Sure you can beat an apple desktop with a machine you built yourself. But Macbooks are great. Extremely well built, premium products.

No they literally don't. Apple laptops are like Alienware. Terrible build quality and are at least $500-$1000 more expensive than they need to be.

And yes I did compare Apple to Alienware that's how much disdain I have for Apple.

Please post a MacBook Air or Retina MacBook Pro equivalent that is $500-$1000 cheaper.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+240GB SSDs
#97DragnfyrPosted 6/1/2014 8:00:45 AM
reincarnator07 posted...
drink posted...

The problem with your analogy is that it only applies to desktops. Laptops and mobile devices don't offer any real customization.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+240GB SSDs
#98spanishbobPosted 6/2/2014 2:42:20 AM
OP reminds me of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
#99AlexTheNextOnePosted 6/2/2014 6:27:35 AM
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
You're being a bad child. Help your parents with their Apple products and quit trying to change them.

You seem to be so bent out of shape at them wanting you to use Apple products but then you do the SAME thing and try to force Windows products on them then get mad when they "won't listen". Sounds familiar, hey?

They are comfortable using Macs. They probably don't do anything extensive on the platforms anyways.

Drop the hate for Apple, LEARN about OSX and Apple products and help your parents out.

This whole "I'm gonna leave instructions on how to set up a printer for a platform you don't have" is very childish. You KNOW they don't have a Windows product, why leave them instructions for the set up for a Windows product?

They are your parents, they have probably helped you out of many situations. Now is the time to repay the favor and help them.

Bang on.

Life's too short to get all bent out of shape about personal computers. Trust me.
#100WyzeGyePosted 6/2/2014 7:30:26 AM
Lol at everybody arguing with this gunman guy... Have you like in his Sig? A peasant
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.