This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If your pc game got pirated 1M+ in a span of a year, would you..

#81ShepardCommandrPosted 6/1/2014 11:44:56 AM
I wouldn't care at all.
In fact i would personally upload the full game on a certain popular torrent site.
#82Droogie83Posted 6/1/2014 11:48:57 AM
I would press criminal charges against all offenders, push for the maximum penalty, garnish their wages for the rest of their lives, and publish the names and social media accounts of each one of them so I can make an example out of them for all to see!
#83SneakiestNegPosted 6/1/2014 2:11:37 PM
Impossible. VPN. International law. Costs of lawyers. The judicial system can't handle a few million cases .
All torrent sites are still going. In my country the police WILL NOT go after illegal downloading period. Technology has made copyright obsolete. But if you want to be one those people fighting windmills and Uber.
#84Trance_Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2014 2:40:47 PM
ShepardCommandr posted...
I wouldn't care at all.
In fact i would personally upload the full game on a certain popular torrent site.

lol nice..might as well support it if it's going to happen to get the game out there more
---
i think it's nice
#85tac0sPosted 6/1/2014 2:59:44 PM
In games piracy is a bit of a problem but in movies/dvds it isnt people do it all the time because according to movie producers its illegal to even watch a movie on a DVD player because it breaks the DRM on it to play it and really its just free marketing for them not causing anyone to starve or forcing them to kill baby seals

Just my opinion though sorry if I offended anyone
---
To Create An Apple Pie From Scratch You Must First Create The Universe.
#86SnowxNeverLeftPosted 6/2/2014 5:36:52 AM(edited)
Zareth posted...
jake-sf posted...
There is absolutely nothing about piracy even by law that makes it stealing.

Please enlighten us all with more of your wisdom about international copyright law.

You said it yourself: it's a copyright issue, not a theft.
Stealing involves subtracting an item from someone else, not cloning it.

Pirating doesn't automatically imply stealing, because if I wanted to pirate a game but didn't have the option to do so, I could simply choose not to buy it.
#87Trance_Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2014 6:43:26 AM
SnowxNeverLeft posted...
Zareth posted...
jake-sf posted...
There is absolutely nothing about piracy even by law that makes it stealing.

Please enlighten us all with more of your wisdom about international copyright law.

You said it yourself: it's a copyright issue, not a theft.
Stealing involves subtracting an item from someone else, not cloning it.

Pirating doesn't automatically imply stealing, because if I wanted to pirate a game but didn't have the option to do so, I could simply choose not to buy it.

that's a good way explaining it..these companies have made it seem like it's theft but it's not, because nothing is getting subtracted

also this has a lot of poll hits
---
i think it's nice