This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTX 560 ti for $110 worth it?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GTX 560 ti for $110 worth it?
1 year ago#1
Currently rocking an ATI 5770
Steam ID = KatzDave (Add me!) Multi-player games below... (PC/DS/Wii)
1 year ago#2
Not really. Save a bit more and get a modern card.
1 year ago#3
To put it in perspective, I payed $150 almost 3 years ago for a card at about the same performance level.
1 year ago#4
Not really.
A 750 or 750ti should cost about the same, be more powerful, far more power efficient and run much cooler.
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
1 year ago#5
Save another 140 and get a 760.
Games. That is all.
1 year ago#6
For the performance upgrade at that price? Not worth it.
"Tren, forget the men, we gotta beat up Om, Zet, and YD cause they stole <Insert name here> secks hack."
1 year ago#7

Oddly I just upgraded from a 5770 and acquired two 560TI's (EVGA, 448 core ones) for $100 after shipping from a friend. Only using one however, since I don't have a second PCI-E slot.

Personally I know damn well I'm CPU bottlenecked, but I'm still noticing *some* performance improvements in games. Plus, and I don't want to start anything with this, but at least being able to get updated drivers is a plus.

The newest drivers for the 5770 were from like, March of 2013, and as such BF4 b****ed at me every time I played it because my drivers were 8 months older than the game.

Ultimately, don't expect a whole hell of a lot and it may not really be worth it for that card at that price. You'd almost be buying it just to be switching to Nvidia and/or getting something slightly newer that still has some limited driver support, if that's anything to you.
1 year ago#8
Hell I'm still running a 560ti. Still runs the majority of games I want to play at acceptable performance levels. *shrugs*. I'll upgrade eventually but haven't seen the need yet.
1 year ago#9
Um, weren't the 400/500 geforce series having problems with drivers past 314.22?
1 year ago#10
I think that is fixed now.
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GTX 560 ti for $110 worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived