This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Watch Dogs + No typing/chat = OMG.

#21calcyclePosted 6/5/2014 9:25:47 PM
It's better to have and then mute later then it is to not have it at all.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#22Orestes417Posted 6/5/2014 9:27:27 PM
calcycle posted...
It's better to have and then mute later then it is to not have it at all.

Go play Warfighter and tell me that
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#23calcyclePosted 6/5/2014 10:44:56 PM
You can easily reduce or mute in game audio so that you can avoid voices that you dislike. Don't force the player to find outside means of vocal communication, especially if it only for the match with strangers.

Just imagine Left 4 Dead, GMod or Counter Strike without voice chat. Sure you could find other programs to use for your vocal communications, but oftentimes you are playing with strangers and as such won't spend enough time with them to justify going through the hassle of getting all of their contact info. Having an in game voice option is convenient and rewarding if done right.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
#24Orestes417Posted 6/5/2014 10:47:56 PM
Do as I said then come back and tell me poorly or even mediocrely implemented VoIP is anything other than obnoxious.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#25calcyclePosted 6/5/2014 11:55:26 PM
And that is why they have chat options in the sound settings, some don't want it some do, don't take away the option for everyone. If that doesn't work then you always have the physical method of muting your mic or going into the options and reducing sound volume if you don't want to hear others.

Don't take away the entire option, voices add more life to an interaction. If you don't want it that way then there are ways to stop it. 1 anecdote is not a reason for why the entire system is ruined.
---
#26Nineteen99Posted 6/6/2014 12:25:50 AM
Oh God. I agree with Albatrossing on something. Say it ain't so.

That said, I usually mute in MP games where communication isn't required like TFall. However, I like to keep an open mind in games like Dota, and give people a chance to contribute with voice chat. If they start spouting nonsense, hate, or another language, I'll mute then.
---
"There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the thief. There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief."
#27rusty12000Posted 6/6/2014 1:49:24 AM
Ya shame they made such a lazy port that they didn't even add text chat.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM