This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Asus comes out first and confirms Devils Canyon support on their 8-series boards

#1jacob5622Posted 6/2/2014 5:27:17 AM
80/80

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/38131/asus-rebels-against-intel-adds-devil-canyon-support-to-z87-boards/index.html

Great news for Haswell users! Now if MSI follow suit I don't have to sell my rig and upgrade like I planned when I built it last year.
---
"Tren, forget the men, we gotta beat up Om, Zet, and YD cause they stole <Insert name here> secks hack."
#2Killah PriestPosted 6/2/2014 5:40:33 AM
My board received a bios update the other day, haven't applied it.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#3cuteboi100Posted 6/2/2014 5:47:32 AM
Great if you never have to RMA your board. Asus has terrible RMA service, I am still waiting for my R9 290 to come back and its been 2 weeks. I would be livid if it was a component that was absolutely vital to the computer like the mobo.
---
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5
#4Killah PriestPosted 6/2/2014 5:53:29 AM
If you were so concerned with turn around you really should be using the advanced RMA feature.
---
#5cuteboi100Posted 6/2/2014 7:52:41 AM
Killah Priest posted...
If you were so concerned with turn around you really should be using the advanced RMA feature.

Don't even get me started on their Advance RMA. When the card was dying I absolutely needed that service and would've been happy to pay the $10 fee so I contacted them 5 times in a span of 2 weeks, waiting 2-3 business days for a response (by the way their customer service is available for about 50% of the listed office hours, in fact its down right now as I try to contact them). Each time they told me they had no stock in their warehouse and changed my RMA back to regular. My mobo/CPU has no integrated so I was lucky to track down one old graphics card that my friend had.

I can't even check my RMA status because apparently their 'key-in system is down'. And half of the times they couldn't attempt to change my RMA to aRMA because their 'server was down'.

What a joke company, at least they don't lie and try to steal my money like Rogers Cable.
/rant
---
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5
#6dormcastePosted 6/2/2014 8:13:08 AM
ASUS are the best in the biz for a reason.
#7jacob5622(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2014 10:40:20 AM
Some further confirmation that it works:

http://wccftech.com/intel-devils-canyon-confirmed-working-z87-motherboards-asus-bios-update/

Really hope Intel doesn't try to counter this with a chipset update like with the non-Z OC feature.
---
"Tren, forget the men, we gotta beat up Om, Zet, and YD cause they stole <Insert name here> secks hack."
#8Killah PriestPosted 6/3/2014 4:59:34 AM
Don't even get me started on their Advance RMA. When the card was dying I absolutely needed that service and would've been happy to pay the $10 fee so I contacted them 5 times in a span of 2 weeks, waiting 2-3 business days for a response (by the way their customer service is available for about 50% of the listed office hours, in fact its down right now as I try to contact them). Each time they told me they had no stock in their warehouse and changed my RMA back to regular. My mobo/CPU has no integrated so I was lucky to track down one old graphics card that my friend had.

Damn that sucks about lack of stock, sorry for assuming you didn't already try the advanced RMA. I did not use them but when my 290x DC2 OC coil whined when moving the mouse on the desktop I gave them a call and they offered me an advanced RMA with 2 day turnaround.
---