This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Picked up this crappy router and I can't even change the password/name -_-

#1Agnostic420Posted 6/2/2014 3:18:02 PM
I picked up a cheapo N150 Belkin router at Wal-Mart. It'll work for what I need it to. My wall is to thick so I can't connect to wifi sometimes in the other room, probably due to my wall being as thick as it is and this ARRIS routers WIFI doesn't cut it.

But I can't even login to the router. 192.168.1.1 doesn't work and the CD is a **** ton of garbage links that don't even work anymore.

Getting frustrated.
#2Fade2black001Posted 6/2/2014 3:20:27 PM
Take it back and get something else?
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#3ChetyrePosted 6/2/2014 3:21:56 PM
Are you sure that is your network? Not all routers default to 192.168.1.0
---
"Beyond The Beaten Path Lies The Absolute End. It Matters Not Who You Are, Death Awaits You." Nyx Avatar
#4Orestes417Posted 6/2/2014 3:22:28 PM
Well for starters you're using the wrong address. Manual states it's 192.168.2.1
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#5KillerTrufflePosted 6/2/2014 3:55:16 PM
That's the equivalent of:

"I just moved into this new house at 115 Main St., and I can *not* get my key to work! Stupid piece of junk house."

"Dude... you live at 113 Main St."
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#6HydroCannabinolPosted 6/2/2014 4:37:37 PM
Not to mention most routers have factory reset button.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#7wildog2006Posted 6/2/2014 4:42:10 PM(edited)
Orestes417 posted...
Well for starters you're using the wrong address. Manual states it's 192.168.2.1

This, I have the exact router. It's by no means the best, but it works and it's definitely possible to change the SSID and password. Make sure you do a firmware update. I had to to get my Chromecast working.

And it's not exactly rocket science to find out what your IP address is. You don't even need the command prompt to find it, there are websites that will tell you.

http://www.whatsmyip.org/
---
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''
#8silveryounglinkPosted 6/2/2014 4:48:16 PM
wildog2006 posted...
Orestes417 posted...

This, I have the exact router. It's by no means the best, but it works and it's definitely possible to change the SSID and password. Make sure you do a firmware update. I had to to get my Chromecast working.

And it's not exactly rocket science to find out what your IP address is. You don't even need the command prompt to find it, there are websites that will tell you.

http://www.whatsmyip.org/

That site is nice for finding your public IP address, but it won't help find out what your private IP is on the LAN side.