This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did you know PC has its own Uncharted game?

#21xanthan1Posted 6/3/2014 2:05:38 PM(edited)
USF posted...
Majoras_pants posted...
Jprime666 posted...
Talking about Tomb Raider and Uncharted. It's funny how before Tomb Raider came out they were talking about how Lara had to survive on this hard island, and made it sound like survival was going to be a part of the game. Then it came out and it was just a grittier Uncharted. Then Naughty Dog made The Last Of Us actually did a great job of mixing survival elements into a cover shooter.

The Last Of Us was how I was hoping Tomb Raider would handle combat. Having to heal with med packs, very limited ammo, stealth being meaningful, a good crafting system that made you actually have to look for items.

For all of how much the game made her cry in cutscenes, Lara was basically John Rambo with boobs.

You know, as boring as The Last of Us gameplay was, the on the fly crafting was great. I would love to see that in a Tomb Raider type game.

Disagree. Uncharted 2 is miles above Tomb Raider 2013. It's actually one of the few games that I finished more times than I can count, it was simply incredible. And I loved Tomb Raider, but Uncharted 2 is really amazing.

He mentioned a feature from TLoU and wanting to see it in other games like Tomb Raider, what prompted the comparison between Uncharted 2 and Tomb Raider 2013? Also what are you disagreeing with, on the fly crafting being in other games in general? His desire for it to be in Tomb Raider like games specifically?
#22EpicKingdom_Posted 6/3/2014 2:41:08 PM(edited)
calcycle posted...
EpicKingdom_ posted...
calcycle posted...
Buy this game

The devs come from Saudi Arabia

We need to support foreign devs in uncommon locations

even if the game is bad.

Is this one of those everyone is equal things? Leave me alone.

Everyone is equal though, at least for game development.

WRONG.

---
http://i.imgur.com/70oZMEb.png
#23PsyborgasmPosted 6/3/2014 2:30:03 PM
jedinat posted...
Garage_Man posted...
jedinat posted...
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/unearthed-trail-of-ibn-battuta
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/unearthed-trail-of-ibn-battuta

Looks wonderful. But since you know about Tomb Raider you know that's a better Uncharted than Uncharted anyways.

Sorry it just isn't. The script in uncharted, character development, amazing environments just prove how little gameplay matters.

I really loved the linear nature, it felt very controlled and immersive.

Tomb raider just felt like another game to me. I got ut for free on ps+ and played it once...it's okay but TO ME isn't 1/1000th of uncharted.

I really disliked the actual gameplay in Uncharted. Whenever I saw obvious gunfight set-pieces I was annoyed. The combat just wasn't fun. Would have liked the franchise more if it was all just exploring/platforming.

Yes, the gunfights in Uncharted are awful. Main reason I never finish them.
#24calcycle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2014 7:25:50 PM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
calcycle posted...
EpicKingdom_ posted...
calcycle posted...
Buy this game

even if the game is bad.

Is this one of those everyone is equal things? Leave me alone.

Everyone is equal though, at least for game development.

WRONG.

It is you who is wrong.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#25calcycle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2014 12:28:51 AM
So I finally started playing this game and wow, it is really nice for the first game in the series. I think this is the dev's first game so it can only go up from here. I really am anticipating the next episode in this story.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
#26DMNDPosted 6/10/2014 9:55:12 AM
Uncharted series is like GTA, it sucks in every single aspect as a game, but combining them makes a so so game that marketing can transform in a blockbuster, you just need to spend 75% of the game's budget on it.
#27Fade2black001Posted 6/10/2014 10:05:53 AM
calcycle posted...
Buy this game

even if the game is bad.

No thanks... I will nto support anyone from that place. They overcharge us for Oil.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#28pwnater777Posted 6/10/2014 10:09:54 AM
But wait, that's just episode 1! There's going to be more!
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#29wildog2006Posted 6/10/2014 10:19:17 AM
calcycle posted...
Guys, lets return the discussion to Unearthed, the true king of Uncharted style games on PC.

What are you smoking to think that game is even remotely mediocre? I get that it's a new developer from a country that isn't really known for gaming, but it's bad. Real bad.
---
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''
#30pure mind gamesPosted 6/10/2014 10:31:36 AM
calcycle posted...
Buy this game

even if the game is bad.

No we don't, if the game is bad the devs should suffer
---
Burial At Sea Episode 1 - Rescue Sally - http://youtu.be/VLL1uq7oCGw
Burial At Sea Episode 2 - Biohonored - http://youtu.be/R_ZJ6mNuGYU