This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to change my ip address For blocked site?

#1blk911Posted 6/2/2014 9:29:13 PM banned me for a minor reason. So I would like to change my ip address so that I can make a new N4G account.. Thanks alot. I am using windows 8.
#2RosencroitzPosted 6/2/2014 9:58:33 PM
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
#3AnatomyHorrorPosted 6/2/2014 10:04:08 PM
Isn't n4g just a site that redirects you to other sites with relevant information? Jeez I hate n4g, and I really hate it when people like their site.
#4jedinatPosted 6/2/2014 10:09:43 PM
TC, I'm worried about you.

Why don't you try some other sites. For example,
#5Melee_a_KroganPosted 6/2/2014 10:27:16 PM
to change ip address you can :
- use proxy
- use VPN services
- ask your internet provider
- change your internet provider

For you case though, contact the admin to unban you.
#6Unsugarized_FooPosted 6/2/2014 10:35:11 PM
Turn off your modem for 30 seconds
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana
#7TimePharaohPosted 6/2/2014 11:17:46 PM
Buy a new computer
#8Brass_EyePosted 6/3/2014 12:52:38 AM
TOR browser. Comes in handy a lot.
#9EpicKingdom_Posted 6/3/2014 1:17:24 AM(edited)
Unsugarized_Foo posted...
Turn off your modem for 30 seconds

Usually has to be shutdown longer than that since each address has a lease time. Although it does work sometimes, depending if it's a good reboot or not. Like within settings. Or simply change your mac address to a false one in network settings > adapters > configure etc. Something like that, you'll be assigned a new ip for the "new" device. Oh & btw, that's if you have a wireless adapter.