This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Reset of settings after NVidia Drivers Update

#1acangialPosted 6/3/2014 7:32:45 AM
So most of you prolly know this already, but if you don't, I discovered an important fact to be mindful of when updating Nvidia drivers, especially if you are like me and running 1080p on a Sony Bravia LCD TV.

A lot of Nvida settings go back to default after you update their drivers and can make your games run like @ss afterwards. I was just fine tuning my new Assassin's Creed Black Flag install and with these helpful hints I can run the game on 50 to 60FPS on high to very high settings and the game (as well as other games) now look fantastic. This also fixes a few of the windowed vs. full screen settings not working as it normally should:

In the Nvidia Control Panel, go to DISPLAY then ADJUST DESKTOP COLOR SETTINGS and under #3
APPLY THE FOLLOWING ENHANCEMENTS at the very bottom where it says CONTENT TYPE
REPORTED TO DISPLAY I changed it from AUTO SELECT to DESKTOP PROGRAMS

ALSO - Under Display/Change Resolution, set refresh rate back to 60 HZ (it always goes back to 24 FPS for some reason on my rig after a driver update)

For many games, don't use their V-Synch, use the adaptive V-Synch that you can customize in the NVidia control panel for each game by associating it with its executable file.
---
i5-3570K, GTX660 2GB, ASRock Z77 EXTRM4, CV 8GB DDR, Samsung 840 120GB, WD Caviar Blk 1T, XFX PRO750W, CM HAF 922, CM Hyp 212 EVO, Logitech G13 & G700