This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are Dead Space 3 or Mass Efffect 3 worth 5.99?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are Dead Space 3 or Mass Efffect 3 worth 5.99?
2 years ago#1
They are on origin for that price and I'm curious, since I really enjoyed both DS1 and DS2. I also really enjoyed ME1 and ME2. Thought ME1 was better.
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ
2 years ago#2
ME 3 yes. Ignore anyone who tries to be "cool" and say different.
System: Windows 7 Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H Intel 4770k 3.5gz 8GB Ram MSI GTX Geforce 770 OC 2GB AC FC: 4012-3656-4495
2 years ago#3
I own DS3 but have never played it, but I would definitely say ME3 would be worth 6 bucks.
stant447 - So suicide is illegal. But smoking is not? I'm allowed to passively kill myself, but not actively?
Transmutant - Just as long as you die I'm happy.
2 years ago#4
I didn't like either of the 3rd games, and I was a pretty big fan of the first 2 in each series.

It didn't help that I heard all the moaning about the ME3 ending, but I had lost interest in the game before knowing about that, it was really just the nail in the coffin. I'm sure $6 is a fair price if you're interested though.

DS3 on the other hand introduces a load of new characters and random events that don't really seem significant, and feels a lot more like a shooter than the first games.
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
2 years ago#5
Both are good games. Dead Space 3 I would recommend playing with a friend however.

Also, don't bother buying the "enhancements" for DS3, they completely ruin the balance.
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
2 years ago#6
If you played the first two, three's worth playing at that price.
PM for 3DS code/Steam ID. http://tinyurl.com/kcqajde
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APWTJMyM4qg
2 years ago#7
Both are.

The "hate" is ridiculous. They aren't perfect, but a simple dislike or a game has turned everything into "trash".
2 years ago#8
macheteman posted...
The "hate" is ridiculous. They aren't perfect, but a simple dislike or a game has turned everything into "trash".

Not everything is outright hate though... both games are a marked regression over they're previous two entries in a few ways. That doesn't mean their terrible, but hardly worth finishing a "trilogy" when the final chapter is the worst of them all.
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
2 years ago#9
Yes to both. DS3 plays exactly the same as the other two for something like 95% of the game.
2 years ago#10
I can't say I'm a fan of several of the decisions made when developing those games, but I'm also not going to argue against either of them being worth it at that price.
i5 4570K @ stock | GTX 780 SC + ACX | Z87 Extreme4 | 8GB DDR3-1600 | Corsair H105 | Corsair HX 650 | Define R4 w/ window | 120GB SSD + 3TB HDD
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are Dead Space 3 or Mass Efffect 3 worth 5.99?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived