This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worth it to upgrade GPU?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Worth it to upgrade GPU?

User Info: silveryounglink

silveryounglink
2 years ago#1
I'm still rocking a 5670 and I've been wondering if it's time for an upgrade. I don't really play graphic intense games, mostly Indie stuff like Cave story and Binding of Isaac. Would it still be worth it? If so what's a significant upgrade from such an old card?

User Info: mrtywer

mrtywer
2 years ago#2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202081&cm_re=r7_260x-_-14-202-081-_-Product

Same card I use - I don't need to max out games, but it's nice to be able to, and it's a really good price for it. Easily runs Skyrim at 900p, Ultra-high settings with 30-35 HD texture packs, 60+ fps.
MSI H87-G43 | Intel Core i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8G Gskill Ripjaws X @ 1600 | Sapphire Radeon R7 260x

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
2 years ago#3
If you seriously play only those games then no. Although, a 7850 isn't expensive and would be a nice cheap upgrade. It really depends on what you NEED to play / max / whatever.Only you will know the answer to that.
http://i.imgur.com/70oZMEb.png

User Info: SAfricanGamer

SAfricanGamer
2 years ago#4
Don't upgrade yet.

Wait for the next instalment to come out, if you've waited this long, you can wait a bit longer.

The Radeon '8750' will be faster than a 7950 and will be under $200
I openly practise Theistic Satanism.
Do not let the word 'Satan' scare or anger you, the difference between Satanism and Theistic Satanism is light and day.

User Info: BannedMom

BannedMom
2 years ago#5
Yeah, I would wait until you need it.
I5-4440 - Asrock H81M - Zotac 750Ti - CM N200 = Future Emulation and Gaming Build @ 1600 x 900
PS3_PS2_PS1 Master.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Worth it to upgrade GPU?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived