This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would EA have to do with their Origin client so that you would use it?

#91steveboblarryPosted 6/5/2014 7:56:03 AM
xanthan1 posted...
OMGWYATT posted...
For some reason Steam has a cult following, even tho it's not really better than Origin other than "not being EA" for most people.

Origin is perfectly fine.

Selection. Sales. Community. I'm sorry you never payed attention.

---
IceJFish is the next drake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw
#92chimichanga XDPosted 6/5/2014 8:01:05 AM
pothocket posted...
No seriously, how do I close Origin without a force close?

rightclick systray exit
#93steveboblarryPosted 6/5/2014 8:15:51 AM(edited)
I really don't understand how people can think Origin is better then Steam. I don't mind using either but thinking that there equal is odd.

Valve has done a bunch to help PC gaming, while EA could give a rats ass about the community
---
IceJFish is the next drake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw
#94GoldninjaPosted 6/5/2014 8:16:47 AM
Nothing. I don't like multiple clients. One is enough.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#95Cyber Akuma ZeroPosted 6/5/2014 11:57:49 AM
Allow me to link and launch my Origin library through Steam.

I don't like having my library split across several different services and accounts.
---
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile
#96JKatarnPosted 6/5/2014 12:01:27 PM
somebadlemonade posted...
JKatarn posted...
You're comparing having to buy/hook up separate consoles with just running another piece of client software on the same machine....do you really not see the difference here?

while i do see it, don't you see how ridiculous it is to have a client exclusive on an open platform? maybe i don't want to buy it from them? maybe i don't want to have to run 2 clients to run all of my games?

<_< i'm voting with my dollar

It's extraneous, sure, but ultimately it's a few extra clicks and you're in the game. I'd wager there are far more people willing to put up with a few minor inconveniences to have access to certain EA games than people boycotting the game because of said inconvenience.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES