This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why the hate for AMD?

#11iemerg_(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2014 8:41:35 PM(edited)
Garage_Man posted...
iemerg_ posted...
Garage_Man posted...
AMD is awesome sometimes. Their graphics card line almost always leads on Price:Performance. Way back in the day (like 1.5 years) I got the 7970 and got many games for nada. Awesome IMO.

The ONLY reason I can see anyone dissing AMD cards is heat, noise, and no downsampling. I guess you could say micro stutter on Crossfire but they have vastly got rid of that.

AMDs PROCESSORS on the other hand....there is little reason to bother. Intels Core i3 beats out most AMD procs these days.

The other issue is when you have people with money...AMD usually cannot compete. I would have loved to go AMD again as I prefer their drivers but SLI 780 TI it had to be.

I have been comparing AMD and NVIDIA cards and actually most of the AMD cards have reported better cooling... I can admit NVIDIA does take the cake on less power consumption and noise but who really cares when you get better cooling with AMD and can turn the fan down?

I also don't get how poeple can say the FX processors are this bad when people have shown benchmarks of them competing with i7's?

Exactly. Less power and noise. That means when I slap a water cooler on it will be better for cooling...as well as air cooling The less power used the less potential thermal energy gets thrown out in heat. It's physics man. this stuff isn't up for debating. Ever heard a pair of 290x cards doing work? I have a pair of them too...they are quite loud.

My DD are 780TI for a reason...

Not sure if you are trying to fight with people orrrr?

No I'm just stating people are stupid for the praise they give intel while talking smack about amd. I don't see how power consumption would matter if you're putting aftermarket cooling on it who really cares? Who cares about loudness when you can adjust the fans honestly neve rhad a fan loud enough to bother me, just Intel and NVIDIA seem overpriced.

I see too many people recommending the 750ti vs the r9 270 for the same price, I see too many people recommending overpriced i3's vs fx's.
---
"Only real men can cook bacon shirtless" me
#12Garage_ManPosted 6/4/2014 8:43:41 PM
When you want the best you'll pay. AMD has NO match for a water cooled overclocked to hell 4770K with a good board. AMD has NO match for a water cooled 780TI...they just don't.

Again..if you have the money you just get it. Kinda like how on my one PC I run RAID 0 SSDs and then a RAMDISK too. Sometimes you NEED the extra bit that AMD cannot deliver these days.

That and downsampling...that really is the breaking feature for me. I NEED that.
#13iemerg_(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2014 8:50:21 PM(edited)
Garage_Man posted...
When you want the best you'll pay. AMD has NO match for a water cooled overclocked to hell 4770K with a good board. AMD has NO match for a water cooled 780TI...they just don't.

Again..if you have the money you just get it. Kinda like how on my one PC I run RAID 0 SSDs and then a RAMDISK too. Sometimes you NEED the extra bit that AMD cannot deliver these days.

That and downsampling...that really is the breaking feature for me. I NEED that.

Ok how many people overclock, hell how many people water cool you talk like everyone spends $1000+ sure Intel/NVIDIA might be better to people with deep pockets but were talking price/peformance and when I see comparisons made and recommendations made that make no sense because people want to be fanboys I just want to know why...

I don't care what you run want to know why everyone is recommending an i3/750ti combo when an fx/r9 270 combo would be better...

I have no clue what half the crap you're saying means I just know I see numbers on paper and the numbers don't add up when AMD is better priced. I've ran aMD for years with no problems. Maybe Intel makes a better processor but you're paying almost twice as much for it. If I want to build a $600 PC I wouldn't pick intel/nvidia that's all I'm saying.
---
#14urtvPosted 6/4/2014 8:59:23 PM
now go run any game thats cpu heavy on 2 cores and watch amd cry
#15GoldninjaPosted 6/4/2014 8:59:49 PM
Their CPUs are lackluster (aka, they suck). Can't say much about their GPUs these days.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#16iemerg_(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2014 9:05:51 PM
Goldninja posted...
Their CPUs are lackluster (aka, they suck). Can't say much about their GPUs these days.

And give a reason why they are "lackluster"
---
#17iemerg_(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2014 9:06:21 PM
urtv posted...
now go run any game thats cpu heavy on 2 cores and watch amd cry

The regor runs 2 cores and actually competes with the i3 for less of a price? I don't see your point, AMD also has dual core processors that are quite good.
---
#18EyeDrinkBeerPosted 6/4/2014 9:07:35 PM
I like Shadowplay and physx so I go nvidia.

Nothing against AMD cards though, but I've heard their driver support isn't as good but who knows if that's true today.
---
BattleLog: EyeDrinK
PSN: EyeDrinkBeer
#19WyzeGyePosted 6/4/2014 9:08:18 PM
Goldninja posted...

find somebody with an i5 and a 770 to go head to head with on benchmarks. My 4.7ghz FX-6300 will be within 5fps on most games.

There's garbage (like your post) and there's less powerful (amd CPUs)
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#20JrTapia1991Posted 6/5/2014 2:39:49 AM
I tested an a10 5800k pc (essentially the 75dollar Athlon x4 750k cpu) paired with a gtx 660ti and it played BF4 just as good on 1080p ultra settings as my much more expensive i5 setup, although on 1080p 64man conquest I did get a whole ~5 fps better than it. If I could do it all over again I'd probably save money and go with the Athlon x4 750k and hd7870 or something or maybe even the 6 core fx6300 or 8 core fx8320 on sale. I don't really play cpu intensive stuff like rts or mmo, I just get cheap console ports dirt cheap in sales, coming from an old sucky single core AMD laptop though, I kinda wanted overkill so I chose my i5.

I guess that was a little bit of a ramble, but in short, unless you're playing CPU intensive stuff, AMD is fine on a budget, anymore than the ~140 an fx8320 costs though, and I'd just get an i5 (or xeon 1230 v3) with a cheap h81 motherboard and call it a day. AMD isn't without its cons....all of the cheap amd motherboards below the 90 dollar Asus 970 r2.0 motherboard are pretty crap with bad power phases and often times no VRM heatsinks and throttle the cpus with any kind of an overclock, then you'll need an aftermarket cooler, so at times, an AMD build could cost more than an intel build.

As time goes on I'm kinda gaming less and less, games wow me less and less these days, if it came down to it I could get an APU and throw everything on 720p low settings and be fine....would still probably look better than xbox 360/ps3 level graphics which I was content with for years. As more people go to 4k though the prices on gpu's that can max stuff out on 1080p will drop. Just like how now you can get a cheap gpu around ~100 that'll pretty much max stuff on 720p like the hd7770ghz , I heard the little gtx 750 superclocked (non ti) is pretty potent and matches the 750ti in games.
---
3570k@4.2ghz|Z77 Asrock Extreme4m|Sapphire HD7950 boost|16gb ram 1333mhz|840 250gb SSD|1tb/2tb 7200 HDDs|Corsair HX750w|Asus 1080p 2ms|G400|CM Elite 430