This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why the hate for AMD?

#111ArkonBladePosted 6/7/2014 3:31:23 PM
I don't really care which GPU is in my system AMD or Nvidia.

Its all about what my budget is and performance.
---
PC game sales= more games then you could ever dream of owning.
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#112Maynard_LawaPosted 6/7/2014 3:36:07 PM
AMD makes the greatest cpus this world has ever seen. So many jealous intel fanboys.
#113YOeastonYOPosted 6/7/2014 3:37:48 PM
Maynard_Lawa posted...
AMD makes the greatest cpus this world has ever seen. So many jealous intel fanboys.
#114ShebeskiiPosted 6/7/2014 7:05:45 PM
Pengu1n posted...
BeatItUpRight posted...
Their GPU's can compete with Nvidia, you can usually get the same performance for much less in price.

I can absolutely see why people hate on the CPU's though, they are so far behind intel.

How? How are AMD CPU's 'so far behind' Intel? All i have seen to date is intel fanboys defending their purchases and constantly bashing not only AMD but the people who use their CPU's and/or GPU's.

I have owned my PC with it's AMD CPU and GPU since march of last year and i haven't had a thing go wrong with it. I am playing all my PC games at 1080p and the only crashes i have ever had was because of the firefox plugins crashing but since i switched to google chrome i haven't had one crash. But they way people are banging on it's as if AMD CPU's can't do anything that they can't even run minesweeper at 640x480 without crashing.

One of the things i hate the most is childish fanboys i have seen console fanboys rant on about how playstation 4 sucks or how xbox one sucks (even though they are pretty much the same console) yet the worst kind of fanboys i have seen are intel ones. Myself and most other people chose not to just do what everyone else does and chose to buy AMD i find it really sad and pathetic that some people bash AMD for no reason whatsoever.

I was around during the console wars in the 90's between Nintendo and Sega and all i heard was Nintendo sucks or Sega sucks yet most of the bashing came from people who had never played the other console. I had a SNES and i had a Megadrive both were awesome systems and both had their pro's and cons and both had some excellent exclusive games.

Both companies make very good CPU's AMD and nVidia make very good GPU's. So what if someone wants to buy AMD CPU's it's their choice what right do intel fanboys have in jumping down their throats for not buying intel. PC gamers are so called the 'master race' yet most are no different than console fanboys.

This is an argument from emotion. There is no evidence or reasoning produced here at all. All you care about is what people want or like, and not the objective performance. You set the bar so low that just participating and producing something that works is more than enough. This isn't about company allegiance. AMD CPUs are ill suited for gaming with their emphasis on high core count and low per core performance. They also have insane power consumption and heat output.

That analogy using Nintendo and Sega makes no sense in this context. There's objective performance to CPUs, both computationally and thermally. There's no first party development, or differences in controllers and peripherals. It doesn't take using an AMD CPU to see how behind they are. And most of us who speak negatively have used AMD CPUs extensively, not that it matters.

They get by and produce a product that is satisfactory, but that is all. Their CPUs are the epitome of mediocre.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#115DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/7/2014 10:42:53 PM
Pengu1n posted...
BeatItUpRight posted...
Their GPU's can compete with Nvidia, you can usually get the same performance for much less in price.

I can absolutely see why people hate on the CPU's though, they are so far behind intel.

How? How are AMD CPU's 'so far behind' Intel? All i have seen to date is intel fanboys defending their purchases and constantly bashing not only AMD but the people who use their CPU's and/or GPU's.

I have owned my PC with it's AMD CPU and GPU since march of last year and i haven't had a thing go wrong with it. I am playing all my PC games at 1080p and the only crashes i have ever had was because of the firefox plugins crashing but since i switched to google chrome i haven't had one crash. But they way people are banging on it's as if AMD CPU's can't do anything that they can't even run minesweeper at 640x480 without crashing.

One of the things i hate the most is childish fanboys i have seen console fanboys rant on about how playstation 4 sucks or how xbox one sucks (even though they are pretty much the same console) yet the worst kind of fanboys i have seen are intel ones. Myself and most other people chose not to just do what everyone else does and chose to buy AMD i find it really sad and pathetic that some people bash AMD for no reason whatsoever.

I was around during the console wars in the 90's between Nintendo and Sega and all i heard was Nintendo sucks or Sega sucks yet most of the bashing came from people who had never played the other console. I had a SNES and i had a Megadrive both were awesome systems and both had their pro's and cons and both had some excellent exclusive games.

Both companies make very good CPU's AMD and nVidia make very good GPU's. So what if someone wants to buy AMD CPU's it's their choice what right do intel fanboys have in jumping down their throats for not buying intel. PC gamers are so called the 'master race' yet most are no different than console fanboys.

mccue166 posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgfRQBDVAQE
The video comparison.

Also,
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eg38RNYAs0A/UR1XpvgePiI/AAAAAAAAKYY/p2X3kO6967s/s1600/facts.gif

Seriously, this isn't even a topic of debate. AMD CPUs are garbage where it counts, and passable at best everywhere else.
Unless you're running a render farm or web server and not paying for electricity, there's really no reason to go AMD above 6300. Even then, competing i3s are an overall better choice, if for no other reason than they have close to half the power consumption or less for better performance in 99% of software.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#116Maynard_LawaPosted 6/8/2014 2:07:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu8Sekdb-IE

intel getting BTFO.
#117KamenRiderBladePosted 6/8/2014 3:28:01 AM
Maynard_Lawa posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu8Sekdb-IE

intel getting BTFO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICVeN6WEGgg
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#118BeatItUpRightPosted 6/8/2014 5:25:22 AM
Pengu1n posted...
BeatItUpRight posted...

Clock for clock they can't compete... we all know this.

Price/Performance they are pretty good, however you simply can't buy a CPU on the same level as a top of a line intel. The power usage is also incredible, it needs around 50% more than an intel, even more depending on the model. Truthfully, this isn't a problem if you get the around the same performance, but you absolutely do not get that.

The cost of a second hand i7 2600k is now less than a new FX-8350, it is a no brainer imo of which one to purchase.
---
i7-2600k@4.2ghz | R9 290 OC | 8gb Ram | Evo 840 | 1tb Drive | 550w XFX CE
Total build cost:GBP 475 - 1080p for all games