This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why the hate for AMD?

#71Pengu1nPosted 6/5/2014 12:27:09 PM
mccue166 posted...
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-processor-frame-rate-performance,3427-8.html
SC2 benchmarks. AMD CPUs perform worse than their Intel counterparts.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2013/11/05/amd-radeon-r9-290-review/9
R9 290 heat output.

2 Q's.

1) Where is the video evidence showing those FPS scores
2) With that GPU what version were they using? Were they using the card with the reference cooler or one made by a company like sapphire ot gigabyte that has a custom cooler on it.

The problem is without video evidence to show that the game performed worse on AMD than it did on Intel those scores cannot be taken seriously.
---
FX 6300, HYPER 212 EVO, 16GB DDR3, 7870 GHZ 2GB, 2TB HDD, 64 GB SATA III SSD, 12X BLU RAY, 750W PSU, X-FI FATAL1TY,WINDOWS 7
#72codyorrPosted 6/5/2014 1:33:06 PM
So much hate. I buy whatever looks good. I've owned both types of cards. No difference to my eyes.
#73mccue166Posted 6/5/2014 2:31:12 PM
Pengu1n posted...
mccue166 posted...
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-processor-frame-rate-performance,3427-8.html
SC2 benchmarks. AMD CPUs perform worse than their Intel counterparts.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2013/11/05/amd-radeon-r9-290-review/9
R9 290 heat output.

2 Q's.

1) Where is the video evidence showing those FPS scores
2) With that GPU what version were they using? Were they using the card with the reference cooler or one made by a company like sapphire ot gigabyte that has a custom cooler on it.

The problem is without video evidence to show that the game performed worse on AMD than it did on Intel those scores cannot be taken seriously.

When I get home from work I'll post the video evidence. And yes reference coolers, if the Nvidia reference coolers perform well and cool adequately then the AMD ones should too. And why can't the scores be taken seriously?
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
#74PhilOnDezPosted 6/5/2014 4:57:41 PM
mccue166 posted...
why can't the scores be taken seriously?

Don't worry about pengu1n, he's a troll. Or the most painfully misinformed poster I've ever come across. Either way, he's not worth dealing with. I don't understand the need for videos either, it certainly doesn't make anyone halfway informed take his claims seriously when he posts video 'evidence'.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#75ShebeskiiPosted 6/5/2014 5:51:37 PM
iemerg_ posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
KURRUPTOR posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
iemerg_ posted...
Just purchased a Sapphire R7 265 (came with $100 free games card) for $160 and the comparable 750TI has like 13% less performance... Also was looking at the FX line for CPU's and in comparison to the i5's and i7's they get notacably better performance in some gaming for a lot less...

so why does everyone trash talk AMD? been running them for YEARS and NVIDIA and I love them both. Sure AMD has a little bit worse driver compability but they have gotten better. I'm just wondering why people choose the 750ti over the r7 265 for the same price when the 265 craps on it.

Selective benchmark results can make AMD look great. Pick a very heavily threaded and amd-favorable benchmark, and WOW! This $200 AMD processor is as fast as a $350 intel processor! Amazing value! But then you play any CPU-limited game and it drops down to near-unplayable framerates when a $100 intel processor can handle it just fine.
It's a similar case for their GPUs because AMD's drivers are much more CPU heavy than nVidia's, to the point that vanilla DX11 on nVidia drivers can sometimes beat out AMD's own proprietary low-level GCN-only API in CPU limited scenarios.(which are usually where your lows are coming from anyway)

Basically, AMD is great where it doesn't matter, and sucks hard where it does.

I'm not saying AMD is better than intel in the cpu department but honestly what game is an 8350 going to drop your frame rate to "near un-playable"?

Also to TC: this board is blatantly Nvidia biased, like to the point of absurdity at times.

Anything remotely CPU demanding. SC2 can get low double-digits or even single digit framerates on AMD CPUs. Unreal Engine 3 games can often drop into the 30s in large areas, as well. Borderlands, for example, you can expect to drop into the 30-40 range on pretty much any AMD CPU at times.
There's also sourceports of old games, or anything on older versions of UE2. Unreal 2 it's self will drop into the 40s in some cases, even with settings turned down, and that game is from, what, 2003?
That's just not acceptable from a modern CPU, at all.

That's funny because I ran SC2 maxed on a X2 3800+ with 60fps... stop spewing bs people... this is the crap im talking about...

LMAO!

You just ruined any argument you had.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#76mccue166Posted 6/5/2014 9:30:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgfRQBDVAQE
The video comparison.

Also,
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eg38RNYAs0A/UR1XpvgePiI/AAAAAAAAKYY/p2X3kO6967s/s1600/facts.gif
---
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zWg66h
#77MasterShot2k5Posted 6/5/2014 9:46:04 PM
Considering I just bought a new graphics card and dealt with horrid screen flickering that was rectified upon tediously installing and reinstalling drivers and then re installing a new BIOS that gave me white and black screens for 4 bootups......I can see why people hate AMD.
---
Haters gonna hate......
#78shamfuruPosted 6/5/2014 9:54:56 PM
MasterShot2k5 posted...
Considering I just bought a new graphics card and dealt with horrid screen flickering that was rectified upon tediously installing and reinstalling drivers and then re installing a new BIOS that gave me white and black screens for 4 bootups......I can see why people hate AMD.

Never had that problem
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#79TheEntitledOnePosted 6/5/2014 9:57:51 PM
People hate AMD because they gave no effort to improve their technology and products as Intel and Nvidia rolled them over.
---
I got your number! I got all your numbers!
#80SuigintouEVPosted 6/5/2014 9:58:06 PM
I like having decent single-threaded performance in my CPUs so I can run CPU intensive stuff like PCSX2 and Dolphin. AMD CPUs suck. I'd love for them to be competitive but they simply don't make the mark. Back in the day i was running an overclocked Athlon 1700+ and it was an awesome processor for the time .

I also like video cards with drivers that work, work on linux, and work five years later. I used to have a Radeon 9700 pro back in the day but ultimately i came over to the Nvidia side because they make comparable hardware amd vastpy superior software.

Again, no one wants an Intel monopoly. But AMD is pretty much establishing that scenario themselves.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II