This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any reason to use a Xbox One gamepad over a 360 one?

#1Cyber Akuma ZeroPosted 6/5/2014 10:54:20 AM
So, MS released the drivers to use Xbox One gamepads on PC (wired only, but I prefer wired anyway). So then, does the One controller have anything at all to offer over the 360 controller for PC? I don't have a One so I don't what what changes on the inside, if any, were made over the 360 controller. In the photos it looks to have the same buttons, sticks, and overall shape as a 360 controller.
---
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile
#2That1GuyyPosted 6/5/2014 10:59:01 AM
I've only had the chance to use the controller for a few minutes, but the ergonomics in general might actually be better than the 360 controller. The only immediate issue I noted was that the bumpers feel a bit more awkwardly sized so that it didn't feel as comfortable to press them.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#3PhilOnDezPosted 6/5/2014 11:00:21 AM
Improved ergonomics, extra rumble motors in the triggers, and my personal favorite dpad of any controller ever. Definitely going to be picking one up myself.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#4BongbuddyPosted 6/5/2014 11:12:03 AM
A dpad that actually works.
#5SnadadosPosted 6/5/2014 11:14:30 AM
The d-pad would almost have to be better than the 360 controller.
The 360 d-pad might be the worst d-pad on any controller past present and future in all the universe.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#6daemon_danPosted 6/5/2014 11:22:29 AM
No real reason no. The ergonomics actually are not any different, the triggers are squishy, and the whole thing feels flimsy. The d-pad is the same kind of d-pad as the 360 one, so I don't see why people think it's better
---
"Desperate times call for desperate measures. Go ahead and pour that gasoline."
~DevilDriver: Desperate Times
#7romsnbombsPosted 6/5/2014 11:24:07 AM
daemon_dan posted...
The d-pad is the same kind of d-pad as the 360 one, so I don't see why people think it's better

So it's basically like a biscuit tin lid balanced on a tennis ball?
---
A company that uses DRM is like a girlfriend who won't have sex with you, then she wonders why you had to go out and get a hooker
#8daemon_danPosted 6/5/2014 11:29:28 AM
romsnbombs posted...
daemon_dan posted...
The d-pad is the same kind of d-pad as the 360 one, so I don't see why people think it's better

So it's basically like a biscuit tin lid balanced on a tennis ball?

This is the best description of it I've ever heard.
---
"Desperate times call for desperate measures. Go ahead and pour that gasoline."
~DevilDriver: Desperate Times
#9ATARIJAWAPosted 6/5/2014 11:35:24 AM
The thumbsticks are taller than the 360 controller. If you're used to the 360 controller it takes a little getting used to.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 117
#10therickmu25Posted 6/5/2014 11:37:09 AM
My wired 360 controller is ancient and half the buttons are stuck. It will be great to finally use a new controller.sad thing is I will end up using the controller more for PC than my actual XB1. I've had the Xbox since december and haven't bought a game for it yet. I just like it for the tv and media voice controls.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg