This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any reason to use a Xbox One gamepad over a 360 one?

#11mindoftwomoronsPosted 6/5/2014 1:38:22 PM
daemon_dan posted...
The d-pad is the same kind of d-pad as the 360 one, so I don't see why people think it's better

???

no they're not.
---
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/monkeyofevil/magnaangemon.gif
#12kyler45Posted 6/5/2014 2:46:10 PM
The Xbox One controller doesn't support wireless connectivity, the 360 one does with the USB Dongle you can buy for 9$
---
"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring.
I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life." ~ Leonard Church
#13PhilOnDezPosted 6/5/2014 3:34:29 PM
romsnbombs posted...
daemon_dan posted...
The d-pad is the same kind of d-pad as the 360 one, so I don't see why people think it's better

So it's basically like a biscuit tin lid balanced on a tennis ball?

I can tell neither of you have used it.

Firstly, they look nothing alike. Biscuit tin lid on a ball is a fine description for the 360 dpad and pretty spot on in both looks and feel. the xbone dpad is an actual + and has its own dedicated PCB placed directly underneath it with no moving parts transferring the movement of the pad to the main PCB (that's why the 360 one sucks so bad), just some wires. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's the best I've ever used and I've owned pretty much every console from the NES up to the PS3/360. The only one I didn't own was a Saturn though I had a friend down the street with one in elementary.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#14Cyber Akuma Zero(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2014 8:33:07 PM
kyler45 posted...
The Xbox One controller doesn't support wireless connectivity, the 360 one does with the USB Dongle you can buy for 9$

I already said I prefer wired anyway.
---
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile
#15GreenMage7Posted 6/5/2014 8:46:02 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
The only one I didn't own was a Saturn though I had a friend down the street with one in elementary.

Which would have thrown a wrench in your statement because the Saturn had perhaps the greatest d-pad in video game history.

I agree with your sentiments about the 360/Bone controller, but with the DS4Tool the Dual Shock 4 functions wired and wirelessly pretty flawlessly so that is an option as well.
#16macmahon187Posted 6/5/2014 9:08:17 PM
I used one the other day at target and it felt a little smaller. My fingers felt like they over extended the triggers. I only spent 2 or 3 minutes with it tho so I had no time to get used to it. But my initial reaction was no.
---
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!
#17Killah PriestPosted 6/6/2014 6:52:05 AM
Personally I hate the xbone controller and prefer the 360 controller.

The new shape for the triggers hurts my fingers and the bumpers are poorly designed.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#18torres007Posted 6/6/2014 10:13:30 AM
The X1 controller has worse bumpers better everything else
---
Torres man get a sig.
#19Fade2black001Posted 6/6/2014 10:29:40 AM
Just get a DS3 controller. Better in every way.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#20DeltronFFPosted 6/6/2014 10:33:25 AM
Biscuit tin lid on a tennis ball... genius.
---
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BiQLebzCUAEqpGK.jpg