This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Since the forum is kind of deadish on faqs for Wildstar...

#11Gallusz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2014 1:47:49 PM
Lemur_H posted...
Gallusz posted...
<.> Can I get someone to answer my actual question? Or just link me too it?

I need a EU version of Wildstar

That is the link that English (EU) takes you to. Buy it.

Thanks!
---
"Impossible doesn't mean very difficult. Very difficult is winning the Nobel Prize; impossible is eating the Sun." ~Lou Reed.
#12RosencroitzPosted 6/5/2014 1:59:10 PM
Gallusz posted...
Rosencroitz posted...
Save yourself the money and wait 6 months for it to go F2P; it's really not worth the purchase right now, anyway.

Thanks for the advice but I didn't really ask for your opinion.

Good for you. You did, however, post in a post forum regarding a game. You can either deal with it, or go back to wherever you came from.

staticxtreme5 posted...
This is the reason we can't have a good paid subscription MMO anymore.

No, the reason we can't have a good subscription MMO is due to developers copping out and making ****ty WoW-ripoff #92 instead of something original (re: good.) It's also ironic that you criticize my advice before admitting you've never played the game--guess what? One of us has played it, and it admittedly wasn't you.
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
#13datopgamerPosted 6/5/2014 2:22:36 PM
Rosencroitz posted...
Gallusz posted...
Rosencroitz posted...
Save yourself the money and wait 6 months for it to go F2P; it's really not worth the purchase right now, anyway.

Good for you. You did, however, post in a post forum regarding a game. You can either deal with it, or go back to wherever you came from.

staticxtreme5 posted...

No, the reason we can't have a good subscription MMO is due to developers copping out and making ****ty WoW-ripoff #92 instead of something original (re: good.) It's also ironic that you criticize my advice before admitting you've never played the game--guess what? One of us has played it, and it admittedly wasn't you.

Perhaps the reason he is asking is because he wants to experience it for himself. He asked a simple question that could've been answered in the 2nd post and closed out but instead gets unnecessary opinions. Now to be fair he could've done a quick google search and found the answer but instead decides to post here where it might take a matter of minutes to hours to find the answer.
---
I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, Monoprice 1440p monitor
#14Gallusz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2014 2:48:42 PM
I actually purchased the game from my link and I'm guessing it was indeed NA as I tried logging in and it switched me to NA from EU
---
"Impossible doesn't mean very difficult. Very difficult is winning the Nobel Prize; impossible is eating the Sun." ~Lou Reed.
#15Gallusz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2014 2:51:20 PM
Yea <.> I was told incorrectly. Great. Can I get a refund?
---
#16KabtheMentatPosted 6/5/2014 2:53:40 PM
staticxtreme5 posted...
Rosencroitz posted...

This is the reason we can't have a good paid subscription MMO anymore. Everyone waits until it goes F2P. I haven't even played it, but I hope it never goes F2P. I'm kinda wanting to get into it but I despise F2P and I would hate to jump in and get settled in only to watch it make the switch.

If developers actually MADE a good MMO worth a subscription, people would pay it.

Since that's not likely to ever happen again, people wait for it to assuredly go F2P.
---
Laugh at how dark it can get in this place, as if you're eatin' the soul of a demon for strength.
#17Lemur_HPosted 6/5/2014 3:28:24 PM
Gallusz posted...

Contact their customer support. The way they are handling this region stuff is kind of f*****.
#18tiger8191Posted 6/5/2014 3:46:13 PM
Gallusz posted...

Wow you sure can't think or figure anything out for yourself can you?
---
www.twitch.tv/fearsomebeaver
#19Lemur_HPosted 6/5/2014 3:49:46 PM
My understanding, which still isn't a very good understanding of this dumb system, is that you must buy the game from a 3rd party retailer to get the proper version for your region. I cannot provide you with any links since I am in the US, so all versions of the game that I see are NA.

If you buy the North American version, you are region-locked to North America.

So contact support, get a refund, and then go buy Wildstar (EU) from Green Man Gaming.

They really could have handled this a bit better.
#20staticxtreme5Posted 6/5/2014 3:49:59 PM
Rosencroitz posted...
Gallusz posted...
Rosencroitz posted...

staticxtreme5 posted...

It doesn't matter if I've played it yet or not. The point of it was that every time an MMO comes out the same thing gets said. "Wait til its F2P". It doesn't matter how original the content is, it will still get said.