This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats's the best Alienware laptop that will be able to run Dead Rising 3?

#21rusty12000Posted 6/5/2014 6:48:11 PM
No way you would need to spend nearly that much cash. I bought my PC for 1000$ 3 years ago, and should be able run it perfectly. I know the Console Fankids, want to pretend PC gaming is overpriced and irrelevant, But It is simply not true these days. Best part is, with steam you end up saving an insane amount of money on games.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#22ThePaleRiderpPosted 6/5/2014 6:50:46 PM
The_Count_Foo posted...
Lemur_H posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...
Why are people against gaming laptops so much?

Bandwagon.

Yeah, but you do get a ton more power for your money with custom desktops. But if you really to plan to game on the go they're worth it. But most of the time spent gaming will probably be spent sitting on a desk at home anyways...

For me I go out alot so when I decide to build my gaming PC it will probably be a laptop. Thanks for the heads up.
---
A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.
#23PharohofLaptopsPosted 6/5/2014 7:26:48 PM(edited)
ThePaleRiderp posted...

Because they aren't a "thing". There are no such things as gaming laptops. Rather, companies falsely advertise these overpriced laptops for gaming to trick suckers into spending thousands of dollars to get a laptop, that you could get much cheaper if you were to build a desktop? And users get sick and tired of having to see some sap being terrible with money and buying a laptop for gaming, which has all sorts of issues?

yeah brb spending 3k on a laptop, only to plug it into an outlet anyway for best performance and depending on the laptop, worrying about heat of the sort, while still worrying about battery life if not plugged into said outlet . wooo portability!
#24killa1096(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2014 7:25:27 PM
Ok, now I think I know what I'll go with. I'm going to go with the $4050 Alienware 18 laptop on Alienware's site. Thanks for the help (the ones who didn't call me a troll).
#25dementedlullabyPosted 6/5/2014 7:35:16 PM
Kid tried to help you out and you wouldn't even take his advice. Tsktsk.
---
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#26ThePaleRiderpPosted 6/5/2014 8:07:47 PM
PharohofLaptops posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...

Because they aren't a "thing". There are no such things as gaming laptops. Rather, companies falsely advertise these overpriced laptops for gaming to trick suckers into spending thousands of dollars to get a laptop, that you could get much cheaper if you were to build a desktop? And users get sick and tired of having to see some sap being terrible with money and buying a laptop for gaming, which has all sorts of issues?

yeah brb spending 3k on a laptop, only to plug it into an outlet anyway for best performance and depending on the laptop, worrying about heat of the sort, while still worrying about battery life if not plugged into said outlet . wooo portability!

Dude the gaming laptops I've tried worked fine. I remember you from my topic but what you can't seem to grasp is that everyone doesn't have the same lifestyle. Me personally I'm not at home. In fact I don't get home until 11 at night or after that.

When I do get home the last thing I do is game. So I will ask again, what is the point of me buying something I will barely be at home to use? As I said this just isn't a PC thing I barely play my consoles as well. You seem to be more upset that people spend their money on things you don't approve of. What's your deal?
---
A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.
#27Skul_Posted 6/5/2014 8:21:38 PM
Get a $2000 and a $2000 desktop.

And stop trolling.
---
i5-2500::GTX770::8GB
League IGN [OCE]: theLEECH
#28Bmvc1Posted 6/5/2014 8:24:09 PM
Skul_ posted...
Get a $2000 and a $2000 desktop.

And stop trolling.

This.
#29staticxtreme5Posted 6/5/2014 10:19:03 PM
TC I would help you, but your topic title is worded in the stupidest way possible. The best Alienware is going to be the one that's most expensive, regardless of the game your wanting to play. Its not like the cheap model is going to run one game better and the highest model is going to run stuff the worst.
#30killa1096(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2014 5:24:11 AM
dementedlullaby posted...
Kid tried to help you out and you wouldn't even take his advice. Tsktsk.

I was going to take it, I just didn't know what 2 laptops I should get from Bestbuy.ca and all that. Can someone tell me what 2 I should get? And what monitor to get?