This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats's the best Alienware laptop that will be able to run Dead Rising 3?

#31wildog2006Posted 6/6/2014 6:03:19 AM
You only need to spend a few hundred on a couple netbooks if you're going to SLI them. The performance increase is impressive.
---
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''
#32ThePonyColliePosted 6/6/2014 8:24:19 AM
KidInTheHall posted...
You'll want to spend at least $3,500 if you want to run Dead Rising 3. It is next gen afterall.

Meh. I bet my 670M will run it decently with 30+FPS. It's a console port after all.

PharohofLaptops posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...
Why are people against gaming laptops so much?

Because they aren't a "thing". There are no such things as gaming laptops. Rather, companies falsely advertise these overpriced laptops for gaming to trick suckers into spending thousands of dollars to get a laptop, that you could get much cheaper if you were to build a desktop? And users get sick and tired of having to see some sap being terrible with money and buying a laptop for gaming, which has all sorts of issues?

yeah brb spending 3k on a laptop, only to plug it into an outlet anyway for best performance and depending on the laptop, worrying about heat of the sort, while still worrying about battery life if not plugged into said outlet . wooo portability!

Dude, just drop it.
---
No Steam, no buy.
#33Lemur_HPosted 6/6/2014 12:03:16 PM
The_Count_Foo posted...
Lemur_H posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...

Bandwagon.

Yeah, but you do get a ton more power for your money with custom desktops. But if you really to plan to game on the go they're worth it. But most of the time spent gaming will probably be spent sitting on a desk at home anyways...

Yes. Desktops can be much more powerful for the same amount of cash.

However, some people really just want a laptop.

All of you should get over that fact and move on with your f****** lives.
#34KidInTheHallPosted 6/6/2014 12:06:41 PM
gaming laptops r dum n so r u lemur
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#35Lemur_HPosted 6/6/2014 12:10:19 PM
On your knees, boy.
#36Garage_ManPosted 6/6/2014 12:10:59 PM
ThePaleRiderp posted...

People have this mental issue with power per dollar. Not even realizing that some people don't like desk gaming.

I'm gonna choose the Honda Civic over the Mercedes cause the Honda has 50 more HP.....well okay have at it. Ther Benz is better for me so I'll choose that.

Or you can be like me and do both. That's only if you got the cash though.

Anyways TC this is this aouros? Laptop. They are pretty nice and I believe around the $2500 range. It's one of the only "gaming" laptops I'd ever own.
#37Pal 080Posted 6/6/2014 12:22:17 PM(edited)
Garage_Man posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...

People have this mental issue with power per dollar. Not even realizing that some people don't like desk gaming.

I'm gonna choose the Honda Civic over the Mercedes cause the Honda has 50 more HP.....well okay have at it. Ther Benz is better for me so I'll choose that.

Or you can be like me and do both. That's only if you got the cash though.

Anyways TC this is this aouros? Laptop. They are pretty nice and I believe around the $2500 range. It's one of the only "gaming" laptops I'd ever own.

Please tell me all the people you know who don't like desk gaming... but would prefer LAP gaming, with a heavy, hot, laptop... gaming laptop = desk gaming unless you're a fan of overheating laptops.
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#38killa1096(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2014 12:59:06 PM
I guess I'll just build a good $700 desktop. I don't want to get a laptop then bring it home and it doesn't run a certain game I want to play. And my budget went down because I feel this it's a good realistic budget. I just thought of the laptop scenario now and thought it could be quite possible.
#39Skul_Posted 6/6/2014 6:02:09 PM
killa1096 posted...
dementedlullaby posted...
Kid tried to help you out and you wouldn't even take his advice. Tsktsk.

I was going to take it, I just didn't know what 2 laptops I should get from Bestbuy.ca and all that. Can someone tell me what 2 I should get? And what monitor to get?

trolololol
---
i5-2500::GTX770::8GB
League IGN [OCE]: theLEECH
#40brotrrwinnerPosted 6/6/2014 6:06:13 PM
Funniest topic I've seen in PCH in a while
---
September 21st, 2008
Never forget