This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How good is this monitor for Windows 8?

#11auginiste(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2014 5:46:14 PM
rusty12000 posted...
Upgrade to Windows 7!

actually, was planning to reformat since PC is getting so slow lately, and i thought, hey! might as well try my dusting windows 8 copy!

if that doesn't work well, then back to windows 7 for me.. i guess?
---
alien-baiting. ~ catch and release.
http://backloggery.com/auginiste
#12ShubPosted 6/5/2014 5:49:33 PM
There's little that's wrong with Windows 8 out of the box, and even less with 8.1, keep it unless you don't like it for some reason, that's your prerogative.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#13DragnfyrPosted 6/5/2014 6:17:31 PM
Definitely update to Windows 8.1 with the latest Windows Updates. Microsoft has made a lot of improvements to making Windows 8 better for desktop users. That being said Windows 8 was still pretty good for desktop users out of the box.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+240GB SSDs
#14Cyber Akuma ZeroPosted 6/5/2014 7:47:00 PM(edited)
As someone who has used these horrible touchscreen desktops, your arm will get tired FAST clicking and dragging all around a 20+ inch screen that is sitting vertically right in front of you. To say nothing of how dirty it would get from the smudges.

Touchscreens were designed for handheld and screens that are positioned more like a desk, not for vertical large screens.
---
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile