This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

100+ Steam games for only 58$!

#21Master_BassPosted 6/7/2014 1:38:20 AM(edited)
Damn, I just bought Victoria II on sale on Steam and now the whole bundle is on sale. I guess I got a better deal on just the base game, though.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#22OrgeLambartPosted 6/10/2014 4:04:36 PM
I've used Bundlestars for a while now, they are pretty good, although they decline payment methods all the time for some reason..
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart, PSN - Orgelambart
#23cody4783Posted 6/10/2014 4:07:58 PM
disgruntledRIer posted...
WyzeGye posted...
Half-Life ... All great Indie titles

Not sure if srs

Pretty sure, at least on PC, Valve self-published Half-Life. So it counts as "Indie" or "Independent", ie developed and published by a single company.

Research mentions Gearbox developing and Sierra Entertainment publishing the PlayStation 2 version of the game. So that's a thing.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/zgyKBAY.jpg
#24MarikhenPosted 6/10/2014 8:19:26 PM
The RPG Champions bundle is decent. For the price of Septerra Core alone, a game that is decent despite feeling like a JRPG which too high a focus on mechanics that ignore character attributes, you also get both Two Worlds games, Gorky 17, and Enclave.

Tower Wars is the only game from the Reboot 2.0 bundle I've played to any great degree, but what little I played of Galaxy on Fire 2 it was decent and interesting enough. Afterfall, Disciples 3, and Weird Worlds all looked relatively interesting as well. Given that Tower Wars is worth $3 on its own ($8 on Steam) this is another fairly decent bundle.

Can't say much about Reboot 3.0 except that IIRC Rune was supposed to be a fairly decent/popular(ized) game for its time and it gives you Hoard which lets you be the dragon for $3. Also, if you're epileptic Ion Assault might be a way to commit suicide...

Can't say much about Reboot 4.0 except that Hard Reset is a better choice than Binary Domain (sorry, but clunky non-voice squad controls combined with quirky voice controls and liberally spiced with team member "rep" mechanics with no hint as to what statements have what effects with whom don't work well for me), and Inquisitor is likely a better choice than Kult Heretic. Oh, yes, and it's $3.

Frankly, given that many of the bundles, sim bundles not withstanding, have at least one game if not two worth the asking price, whether separately or combined, it seems to me that the only reason to not buy them is that you have absolutely no interest in any of the games or you're a habitual pirate. Not going to knock either category, but for me a $5 game is the equivalent to 4 bus rides or two hours of walking and another 8-16 hours of constant nagging pain in my left heel after the walk. If I get even 20 hours enjoyment total out of a $5 bundle I'm probably ahead of the curve, and a tiny bit healthier to boot.
---
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
#25Darkcloud20Posted 6/11/2014 4:18:24 AM
PepsiWithCoke posted...
Half Life......Indie......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxXEPk3dzFg

Half Life is from Valve an developer that pays themselves for the development and publishes it on their on platform. That is more Indie than 99% of indie games since they pretty much never use their on platform and often get a third party publisher and often don't fund the games themselves.
---
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987
#26Combo MasterPosted 6/11/2014 4:32:20 AM(edited)
Good deal but why would someone wanna spend a crap load if not all their free time playing indie games? Only the real popular indie games I have found are even worth playing at all. Indie games make u appreciate and not complain as much about retail titles though I will say that much but I still complain yaaaa!!!
---
Combo Master
#27MarikhenPosted 6/11/2014 6:27:34 AM
Combo Master posted...
Only the real popular indie games I have found are even worth playing at all.

I wouldn't classify Drox Operative, Knights of Pen & Paper, Paper Sorcerer, or Defender's Quest as "real popular," but they're all definitely worth playing in my less than humble opinion.
---
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
#28lost_withinPosted 6/11/2014 7:16:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#29BatmanVonDoomPosted 6/12/2014 7:16:54 AM
WyzeGye posted...
SpazH3d posted...
WyzeGye posted...
58 dollars for 100+ indie games is 100+ too many indie games at $58 dollars too much.

You would give Titanfall, Elder Scrolls or any car game a miss because they slapped the indie sticker on them. Grow up, please.

Rust, Starbound, To the Moon, Awesomenauts(?), Strider, Half-Life, FTL, Monaco, Fez, Goat Simulator, Shank, Symphony.

All great Indie titles. As with everything, you get what you pay for, when you throw games at people, much like s***, only a few pieces are gonna stick.

On what ****ing planet is Strider indie?
---
http://i.imgur.com/GC6An.jpg
#30OrgeLambartPosted 6/12/2014 7:42:53 AM
Combo Master posted...
Good deal but why would someone wanna spend a crap load if not all their free time playing indie games? Only the real popular indie games I have found are even worth playing at all. Indie games make u appreciate and not complain as much about retail titles though I will say that much but I still complain yaaaa!!!

lots of the games they offer are more than just indie throw away garbage. Although like most bundle sites about 85% of their games are crap. They've had some really nice bundles in the past. Their current crop of bundles while decent aren't really the best they've offered.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart, PSN - Orgelambart