This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People complaining about hard drive space and ram. (wall of text)

#21KidInTheHallPosted 6/6/2014 4:21:20 PM
^ I did. RAMgraph.net says DR3 uses 4.8GB of RAM.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#22LazyyAmericanPosted 6/6/2014 4:23:55 PM
I get riled up at night at the thought that someone else thinks differently then I....makes my blood boil and because of it I can't sleep.
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#23romsnbombsPosted 6/6/2014 4:29:13 PM
KidInTheHall posted...

It was a rhetorical question, troll.

/The game isn't even out yet, so nobody knows how much memory the game uses. But people are lining up to say you can't run it with 4GB, just because somebody who makes the coffee at Capcom might have said the game needs 6GB.
---
2600k | GTX 780 | P8P67-M Pro | 8GB
#24KidInTheHallPosted 6/6/2014 4:31:33 PM
^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4dY52NiYvU&feature=kp
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#25romsnbombsPosted 6/6/2014 4:34:18 PM
KidInTheHall posted...
^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4dY52NiYvU&feature=kp

I'm always this >< close to putting you on ignore.

But then you always totally redeem yourself like this, EVERY DAMN TIME.
---
#26Zorlac(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2014 4:37:44 PM
romsnbombs posted...
KidInTheHall posted...

It was a rhetorical question, troll.

/The game isn't even out yet, so nobody knows how much memory the game uses. But people are lining up to say you can't run it with 4GB, just because somebody who makes the coffee at Capcom might have said the game needs 6GB.

If the requirements say 4gb it'll likely not run with less than 4, and if it does it won't run well. Like I said previously, there's HUNDREDS of zombies on screen a lot of the times in DR3. They likely have better textures on them than they do on Xbox one meaning it requires more horsepower and ram to run them. So again, you might can run it with 4gb of ram, but likely not well.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!!
Xbox live Zorlac0666 Xfire-Zorlac666. Steam-Zorlac666 3DS 1075-1487-9342
#27KidInTheHallPosted 6/6/2014 4:42:32 PM(edited)
This is what I do baby. I push you away and then I pull you right back in. Lemur learned this, DV8 learned this and now....you have learned this.

This is my design.

*strikes pose of Jesus on the cross and gently ascends out of the topic*

---
#28godplaysSNESPosted 6/6/2014 4:53:37 PM(edited)
CoD:Ghosts and Crysis 3 requiring actual DX11 hardware were also PR to make them seem next-gen

The given minimum specs for Dead Rising 3 has a hefty requirement for the GPU. The HD 7870 is alot better than the 7790, which is the closest PC GPU we have to compare the Xbox One's GPU with. I do hope it's really a case of Dead Rising 3 being well optimized for the Xbox One, that Capcom uses features that aren't currently exposed in DX11.x.

6GB RAM isn't much nowadays, but considering the Xbox One has 5GB RAM in total for games, shared between the GPU and CPU, that too is quite a big difference.

Games becoming so big is a damn chore too. And it's even worse if you have a relatively slow connection. I'll soon be forced to go back to buying everything on physical media again.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#29Fade2black001Posted 6/6/2014 4:48:54 PM
There is usually no justification on why the games are as big as they are nowadays. They do not need to be this big at all. They simply are cause the consoles have the space to hold and say meh whatever and don't even bother compressing the files. Its an act of pure laziness on the devs themselves.

So you think cause HDD space is so cheap that it makes it alright for the devs to be lazy and just have big ass game sizes just for the hell of it? I don't think so. Also RAM is at an all time high now. Especially from what it was 2 years ago.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#30romsnbombsPosted 6/6/2014 4:50:03 PM
Zorlac posted...
If the requirements say 4gb less than 4, and if it do it'll likely not run withes it won't run well. Like I said previously, there's HUNDREDS of zombies on screen a lot of the times in DR3. They likely have better textures on them than they do on Xbox one meaning it requires more horsepower and ram to run them. So again, you might can run it with 4gb of ram, but likely not well.

I hope the game is a 64 bit .exe that uses lots of RAM. It might be, I'm not saying it definitely won't. But honestly, you can't say how much memory the game will use before you've actually looked at it. It doesn't really matter what they say you 'need', there's an endless list of examples of games stating 8GB that use less than 2GB of RAM.

As for the textures, that's VRAM, which is more important now than board RAM. With a system like mine, a 32bit .exe like Daylight eats up all 3GB of my VRAM, yet only uses 1GB of board RAM. Possibly because it can only address 4GB max
---