This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People complaining about hard drive space and ram. (wall of text)

#41SneakiestNegPosted 6/6/2014 6:22:19 PM
The problem is that in America they went BACKWARDS with broadband speeds. No cap what so ever in most developed countries. US isp's were trolling people because they dared to use their Netflix. PC gaming is big in Europe and Asia. Do you think anyone will care if a game is 70 gigabytes next year over here? Don't blame developers for your crappy infrastructure.
#42frag_baitPosted 6/6/2014 6:56:34 PM
arleas posted...
phy2jsh posted...
What's the opposite of requesting a sticky?

Flushing the topic down the toilet to hope it never returns?

What's wrong with the topic? It's kind of a long rant, but it's just an honest opinion. He isn't trolling.

I agree about companies afraid to push the envelope for the sake of compatibility with low-end pcs, but the worst thing for me was software compatibility. Everything had to be XP compatible proxy DirectX 9, because that's what the 360 used. Making a game based on 9c means binding it to the features of 10 year old hardware.

Hopefully the XBONE's capabilities will finally get us out of the XP rut.
---
I am a well-known troll. Please don't fall for my shenanigans.
#43Zorlac(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2014 3:02:04 PM
frag_bait posted...
arleas posted...
phy2jsh posted...
What's the opposite of requesting a sticky?

Flushing the topic down the toilet to hope it never returns?

What's wrong with the topic? It's kind of a long rant, but it's just an honest opinion. He isn't trolling.

I agree about companies afraid to push the envelope for the sake of compatibility with low-end pcs, but the worst thing for me was software compatibility. Everything had to be XP compatible proxy DirectX 9, because that's what the 360 used. Making a game based on 9c means binding it to the features of 10 year old hardware.

Hopefully the XBONE's capabilities will finally get us out of the XP rut.

Thank you muchly. I wasn't insulting anyone just talking about how I feel about the matter.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!!
Xbox live Zorlac0666 Xfire-Zorlac666. Steam-Zorlac666 3DS 1075-1487-9342
#44nightshadeAPosted 6/7/2014 5:53:46 PM
as someone whos first non c64/128 (packard bell 486 walmart grave yard special) pc only had a 450 mb hard drive and 4meg of ram and games were 50 mbs tops When the 1 gig hds came out i thought no one would ever use that much hd space.... then came video and sound up grades ................
---
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free"neworder
"mr zurkon dosent shoot and ask questions later asking questions is stupid
#45MarikhenPosted 6/7/2014 7:26:28 PM
My first PC had a 3GB hard drive. I filled it up lickety split by copying all of the video files from my Wing Commander IV CDs to the drive. It made playing that game so much better. A few years later I picked up a 23.7GB drive, and when mentioning it during class one day one of my classmates asked, "What are you going to do with all of that? You'll never use it!"

Today I have three 1TB drives in my PC and had I the funds for it I'd put in a couple of 3TB drives as well. Hard drives are like houses except that it's much, much cheaper and far more practical to keep expanding the size of your "attic" to keep storing your old s*** with hard drives than it is with houses.
---
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?