This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats a good video card for $50-$60?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Whats a good video card for $50-$60?

User Info: B18Champ

B18Champ
2 years ago#1
I am getting a video card from Newegg and I only want to spend between $50-$60. What is a good card to get?
Reality is usually scoffed at and illusion is usually king

User Info: Shub

Shub
2 years ago#2
There's nothing good for gaming in that price range, if that's what you're looking for.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: InferiorPeasant

InferiorPeasant
2 years ago#3
Don't be a peasant.

User Info: josh_b

josh_b
2 years ago#4
Radeon 9250... it can play Sims 2 barely
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, PNY GTX 780TI SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD updating to i7 shortly
Xbox live: tanis8585

User Info: B18Champ

B18Champ
2 years ago#5
I only really need a card that is good enough to play older games, like Starcraft 2. I don't really plan on playing any new games.
Reality is usually scoffed at and illusion is usually king

User Info: Nazcai

Nazcai
2 years ago#6
Just buy a second hand gpu from ebay
Sabertooth X58 | MSI GTX 760 | i7 950 3.07GHz | Freezer Pro 7 v2 | Corsair 12gb 1600MHz | CM Silent Pro 1000W | Crucial 128gb SSD | Ducky dk2108 | Logitech G500

User Info: Shub

Shub
2 years ago#7
SC2 is a CPU-heavy game to handle the AI and/or the high number of units, but it still needs a decent GPU to display all that.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: InferiorPeasant

InferiorPeasant
2 years ago#8
B18Champ posted...
I only really need a card that is good enough to play older games, like Starcraft 2. I don't really plan on playing any new games.

lol.

User Info: Snickers085

Snickers085
2 years ago#9
InferiorPeasant posted...
B18Champ posted...

lol.

This
http://i.imgur.com/DOHeUJA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4k3bG4G.jpg

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
2 years ago#10
a HD3850 would suffice and is $50 for starcraft 2 I run it 1440x900 @ 40-60fps all high.
"Only real men can cook bacon shirtless" me
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Whats a good video card for $50-$60?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived