This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Problems with Tera

#1iversonownsu3Posted 6/6/2014 8:34:47 PM
So, I installed the game. After it was finished installing, I hit the play button and I got this error about corrupted files. I had to check what version of windows I have. Either 32-bit or 64-bit. I have the 64-Bit. On Tera's website, it said the problem will go away once you install something relating to whatever version of Windows you have. So, I installed something relating to 64-Bit and restarted my PC but that didn't fix it. I am now using the repair tool to see if that'll fix it. It's been at 3% for like 2-3 hours. Is the game worth all this trouble?
---
"Every man has to come to a crossroad somewhere along the way. Johnny Cash came to his crossroad in a place called Nickajack Cave."
#20cu_87Posted 6/6/2014 11:54:25 PM
It definitely is.

The patcher is just a broken mess though.
Try to uninstall it, install the launcher again, turn off P2P and try to not turn it off during the download and installation process.
#3josh_bPosted 6/7/2014 1:56:22 AM
being one of my favorite MMO's with the best combat in any MMO to date. Totally worth it. I had problems when I first downloaded the game as well I had to repair it twice for it to finally function properly.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, PNY GTX 780TI SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD updating to i7 shortly
Xbox live: tanis8585
#4Fade2black001Posted 6/7/2014 3:40:17 AM
Its jsut another basic MMO. Also I never had these problems.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#5MonkeymagePosted 6/7/2014 6:32:18 AM
It has an okay battle system but one of the worst series of quests ever. It's ALL "kill 10 of fuzzy squirrel" quests.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#6iversonownsu3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2014 9:02:33 AM
Just uninstalled Tera and i'm going to reinstall it. Before I do, I have a question. What's the difference between the different install options? you have the one for new users as well as the one for users past level 10.
---
"Every man has to come to a crossroad somewhere along the way. Johnny Cash came to his crossroad in a place called Nickajack Cave."
#7jake-sfPosted 6/7/2014 9:12:39 AM
The one for new users download things so you can have the first area of the game playable early while the rest of the game is downloaded.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#8PhilOnDezPosted 6/7/2014 9:12:51 AM
They have a streaming installer, I'd guess that would be the one for new users since it would be easy enough to package the start zone and install the rest after the fact. I don't remember it saying anything about new users when I installed it but I did use the streaming installer without any issues and then uninstalled Happy Cloud (their streaming install service provider) after the fact.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#9iversonownsu3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2014 9:30:11 AM
I just installed the one for users past level 10. Maybe something weird will happen by installing this one and it won't give me any problems.
---
#10RosencroitzPosted 6/7/2014 9:37:40 AM
Monkeymage posted...
It has an okay battle system but one of the worst series of quests ever. It's ALL "kill 10 of fuzzy squirrel" quests.

Apparently you haven't played many MMOs, because it beats the **** out of both "kill hundreds (or even thousands) of x monster" which is very prevalent in many asian MMOs, and "collect x rare (or very rare) item" which is extremely prevalent in both western and asian MMOs.
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.