This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I pre order the Witcher 3 from GOG for $47.99 which include extra content

#11MarioFanaticXVPosted 6/7/2014 6:31:53 AM
revolver posted...
I'd really like to support cd projekt directly, but waiting for a Steam preorder. Sorry anti drm/gog fans, but I want my games and more importantly my trilogy in one place.

Then activate both of the other games on GOG. Then you won't need to deal with the hassles of Steam.
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#12ThePCElitistPosted 6/7/2014 7:15:36 AM
MarioFanaticXV posted...
48 USD for a digital copy sounds like robbery...

I have a hard time justifying 5 USD for digital content.

Good thing not everyone is like you and are cheap. Otherwise the industry wouldn't be profitable enough to keep going.
---
When I'm Miq'ote
http://youtu.be/h3LGf9SSWrU
#13revolverPosted 6/7/2014 8:59:59 AM(edited)
MarioFanaticXV posted...

Then activate both of the other games on GOG. Then you won't need to deal with the hassles of Steam.

I don't get this logic, I mean for most of us Steam is running all the time. With gog I need to login to their website, download the installer which is usually multiple parts for larger games, install the game and delete the installer. Steam I just double click the game and it installs it for me, updates automatically, tracks my playtime, has the overlay so I browse the net without alt tabbing and chat with my steam friends.

Gog is good for one thing, and that's buying old games. Too bad they're not about that so much anymore.
---
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 8 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#14Orestes417Posted 6/7/2014 9:00:24 AM
Too early to be preordering, although 48 is about the norm for preorder discounts and CD Projekt tends to rarely disappoint.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#15El_KazPosted 6/7/2014 9:04:20 AM
revolver posted...
I'd really like to support cd projekt directly, but waiting for a Steam preorder. Sorry anti drm/gog fans, but I want my games and more importantly my trilogy in one place.

Bam.
Now up for pre-order on Steam at 10% discount +5% extra for each Witcher game you own already.
---
Wait... what?
#16Pal 080Posted 6/7/2014 9:06:57 AM
MarioFanaticXV posted...

This right here, I bought the first game retail, but they give you a free GoG copy to link up with their service. Not really sure what it means to have all the games in one place anyway... they're all on your HDD and/or a click or two away from downloading... Steam isn't that much more convenient...
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#17MarioFanaticXVPosted 6/7/2014 9:09:30 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
MarioFanaticXV posted...

Good thing not everyone is like you and are cheap. Otherwise the industry wouldn't be profitable enough to keep going.

Maybe if they made better games, it'd be worth that investment. But let's face it, most games aren't worth that much. Especially in digital form.

Now don't get me wrong, Witcher was a great game, and Witcher 2 was pretty good... But 48 USD for a digital copy? That's just insane.
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
#18AcquirePosted 6/7/2014 9:50:34 AM
MarioFanaticXV posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
MarioFanaticXV posted...

Maybe if they made better games, it'd be worth that investment. But let's face it, most games aren't worth that much. Especially in digital form.

Now don't get me wrong, Witcher was a great game, and Witcher 2 was pretty good... But 48 USD for a digital copy? That's just insane.

The hell are you talking about? There's plenty of great games worth their asking price. Witcher 3 at $48 is a good price for a digital version since it's 20% off the physical version. You have an unrealistic view of value. It's 2014. $48 isn't that much money and $5 is practically nothing, can't even get a fast food meal for that at most places.
---
Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.
#19MarioFanaticXVPosted 6/7/2014 9:59:53 AM
Acquire posted...
MarioFanaticXV posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
MarioFanaticXV posted...

The hell are you talking about? There's plenty of great games worth their asking price. Witcher 3 at $48 is a good price for a digital version since it's 20% off the physical version. You have an unrealistic view of value. It's 2014. $48 isn't that much money and $5 is practically nothing, can't even get a fast food meal for that at most places.

When I can get better games for a 5 USD pricetag? No, that's not unrealistic at all.

The 50+ range is reserved for collectible games. If I'm going to spend that much money on something, it'd better be very good, and it'd better be something hard to find. Just because you're wasteful with your money doesn't mean other people should be. You're the type of person that allows cheaply made shooter titles to prosper.
---
#20StormKMDPosted 6/7/2014 10:08:24 AM
He never said anything about "cheaply made shooter titles". The Witcher is not COD or BF. People pay more money for what they want. I'm sure you do the same.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K Phantek PH-TC14PE_BK | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | 1500GBs HDD | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/StormKMD