This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I pre order the Witcher 3 from GOG for $47.99 which include extra content

#21Pal 080Posted 6/7/2014 9:09:48 AM(edited)
StormKMD posted...
He never said anything about "cheaply made shooter titles". The Witcher is not COD or BF. People pay more money for what they want. I'm sure you do the same.

Exactly, this Fanatic guy is just a poor newb putting words into other people's mouths.
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#22Orestes417Posted 6/7/2014 9:13:04 AM
I love pretentious dumbasses who think their opinion on what someone else values carries any weight at all.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#23MarioFanaticXVPosted 6/7/2014 9:14:40 AM
StormKMD posted...
He never said anything about "cheaply made shooter titles". The Witcher is not COD or BF. People pay more money for what they want. I'm sure you do the same.

Strawman argument; I didn't say he himself played them, I said people like him.

And yes, the Witcher will still probably be a decent game, but no game is worth 48 USD for a rental. For that price, you can practically buy the game at launch- and even then, how many games are really worth that pricetag?
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#24Pal 080Posted 6/7/2014 9:16:31 AM(edited)
Didn't realize DRM-free digital copies of games were to be considered "rentals"...

This guy!

Also we're not all on the edge of poverty clinging to our incredibly valuable $50 bills...
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#25DragnfyrPosted 6/7/2014 9:20:14 AM
MarioFanaticXV posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
MarioFanaticXV posted...
48 USD for a digital copy sounds like robbery...

I have a hard time justifying 5 USD for digital content.

Good thing not everyone is like you and are cheap. Otherwise the industry wouldn't be profitable enough to keep going.

Maybe if they made better games, it'd be worth that investment. But let's face it, most games aren't worth that much. Especially in digital form.

Now don't get me wrong, Witcher was a great game, and Witcher 2 was pretty good... But 48 USD for a digital copy? That's just insane.

So basically you're willing to pay more for a piece of paper and some plastic packaging? A non-collector's edition physical copy is literally exactly the same thing as a digital copy of the same game in terms of the content you're getting that has value.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+240GB SSDs
#26-5xad0w-Posted 6/7/2014 9:36:07 AM
Probably. CD Project Red is not only known for releasing good games, but showing support for their titles after release as well.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#27CommandoNESPosted 6/7/2014 9:51:56 AM
No point getting a physical copy of a game since most games all need to be patched for one reason or another. If you want to talk about wasting money CE of games are the biggest joke in the industry.

That being said, if people think a game is worth too much at launch wait 3-6 months for a major discount. An items worth is whatever the buyer is willing to pay for said item.
---
Canadian
Have a nice day!!
#28johnny_payPosted 6/7/2014 1:42:06 PM
revolver posted...
I'd really like to support cd projekt directly, but waiting for a Steam preorder. Sorry anti drm/gog fans, but I want my games and more importantly my trilogy in one place.

i dont get why people say this. you are aware you can choose to install the game in steam/steamapps/common. you then open steam, click add non steam game and browse to the directory of the exe. you will have all your games installed in 1 folder and will be able to launch them from steam. its really not that hard.
#29DV8ingSourcesPosted 6/7/2014 1:57:49 PM(edited)
johnny_pay posted...
revolver posted...
I'd really like to support cd projekt directly, but waiting for a Steam preorder. Sorry anti drm/gog fans, but I want my games and more importantly my trilogy in one place.

i dont get why people say this. you are aware you can choose to install the game in steam/steamapps/common. you then open steam, click add non steam game and browse to the directory of the exe. you will have all your games installed in 1 folder and will be able to launch them from steam. its really not that hard.

Because that functionality
1) is tied to a single computer (or rather needs to be set up for each computer)
2) often breaks with updates and requires re adding the games
3) Is an additional step when it comes to redownloading
4) doesn't allow for quick verification of the files for modding and corruption purposes
5) Doesn't offer other steam features that a steam copy might (achievements, cloud saves etc).
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#30KidInTheHallPosted 6/7/2014 1:57:18 PM
Can't you order it on Steam and then take the activation key to GOG and activate it there as well for a DRM free copy with the extras?
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750