This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fallout appreciation topic!

#21pwnater777(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2014 9:06:40 AM
StormKMD posted...
Don't like Fallout. Tried the originals, couldn't get into them. Also tried New Vegas, played it for a bit, ended up uninstalling. The whole setting is what I don't like.

That's understandable, and one of my only complaints is how the newer two have practically been developed using nothing but different hues of the same friggin' color (green, then amber). Luckily it's an easy fix with mods, but hopefully Fallout 4 either ditches that style or at least does it better.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#22MackorovPosted 6/7/2014 9:12:02 AM
MuhammadJA posted...
Nenina posted...
Fallout 4 by Ubisoft.

Day 1 pirate bay!

someone's getting modded...
#23GynthaeresPosted 6/7/2014 9:12:07 AM
Fallout 2 by far. Then New Vegas > FO1 > FO3 > Tactics > Brotherhood of Steel

Fallout 1 was pretty good, but it just doesn't stand up as well these days, at least to me. It feels like your roleplaying options are hugely limited, compared to Fallout 2 (and this isn't just memory talking, I've recently been replaying modded Fallout 1).

Fallout 2 is probably my favorite RPG of all time. New Vegas was pretty good too, but didn't feel like it was at the same level.

PathlessBullet posted...
Tried to get into Fallout 2 but the graphics and combat were so bad that I couldn't get immersed into the world.

Really? Because FO1 & FO2 stand up quite well these days, graphically.

Of course, I suppose I might feel that way because I grew up with these games. If you're the type who started gaming in the past few years, and, for example, never played a Mario game outside of Mario Galaxy... you might think Super Mario Bros. 1-3 have really terrible graphics too. While I'd say they still look good.

The combat engine is fine too, but since it's turn-based and stat-based, gamers who prefer twitch reflex games might not like it.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#24MackorovPosted 6/7/2014 9:14:42 AM
pwnater777 posted...
StormKMD posted...
Don't like Fallout. Tried the originals, couldn't get into them. Also tried New Vegas, played it for a bit, ended up uninstalling. The whole setting is what I don't like.

That's understandable, and one of my only complaints is how the newer two have practically been developed using nothing but different hues of the same friggin' color (green, then amber). Luckily it's an easy fix with mods, but hopefully Fallout 4 either ditches that style or at least does it better.

There's no easy way of variating from a setting so limited in design. I really hope they include some environment changes for this, like a winter setting similar to Skyrim's maybe. What better than trudging through the snowy landscape of post apocalyptic city?
#25pwnater777(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2014 9:17:42 AM
Mackorov posted...
pwnater777 posted...
StormKMD posted...

There's no easy way of variating from a setting so limited in design. I really hope they include some environment changes for this, like a winter setting similar to Skyrim's maybe. What better than trudging through the snowy landscape of post apocalyptic city?

That would be awesome, especially since the game is rumored to be in Boston, so a more northern setting like that would work well.

And question for everyone, since I only have F3 on Xbox 360: Does buying at $3.80 from UPlay give me a Steam key, or would I have to download the UPlay client?
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#26ShadowThaReaperPosted 6/7/2014 9:17:43 AM
People should NOT be voting for Fallout 3.
#27jake-sfPosted 6/7/2014 9:20:40 AM(edited)
I don't like any of the Fallout games.

Fallout 1-2, I show appreciation for them and what they offer, I just happen to dislike turn based. I did get into some turn based games in my life, but the setting and the pace doesn't work for me. But I recommend them to turn based fans.

Fallout 3 is a very, very bad game. I never tried New Vegas, because when it comes down to it, I hate everything Bethesda does. Terrible, shallow, the way open world should never be made is how Bethesda does it. The mechanics were also the worst of all their games to boot.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#28BlueRamzaPosted 6/7/2014 9:19:54 AM
Fallout 3. The huge open world was amazing.
---
Snake: There's no happiness found in death, no peace either; I'm leaving here alive, because a strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
#29ShadowThaReaperPosted 6/7/2014 9:47:24 AM
BlueRamza posted...
Fallout 3. The huge open world was amazing.

Except it wasn't. The world design was crap and didn't make any sense.
#30Xtreme-VoidPosted 6/7/2014 11:22:51 PM
Fallout and Fallout 2 world is very small compared to Fallout 3 and New Vegas
FO and FO 2 is comparable to BG and BG 2 in term of gameplay but in my opinion losing to it.
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
i7 4770K | MSI GTX 780 Ti | 12 GB RAM | Sony Bravia 40HX750 | Altec Lansing MX6021