This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do any of you appreciate consoles?

#1gamezrochardPosted 6/7/2014 4:58:53 AM
I myself enjoy my 400$ laptop I recently purchased. Apparently it was good for games because it runs everything on high quality and I finally enjoy all those PC games I missed plus Steam. So yeah, guess I joined the PC race, as annoying as the term is. Yes, it is best "system", but the real question remains.

Do you get by on it alone? Do you truly think consoles are outdated and worthless?

I for one enjoy my Wii U when I have company over. You'd be shocked how many people in college are happy to come to someones house and play Nintendo games. It's great for multiple people to sit back and have stupid fun.

Aside from Nintendo consoles, which I think truly deserves the term console above all others, the other machines don't really interest me. PS4? Eh. Xbox1? Haha, noooo, not after what I went through with my 360, thanks. I don't think they have much use anymore. So consoles have a glimmer of hope, I just think that hope is decaying very quickly, with how well the system was received.
---
Quoting the Topic Creator's original post is stupid and redundant.
Can't you at least admit you're half wrong?
#2wizardmonPosted 6/7/2014 5:17:35 AM
I liked the games on the Xbox one (2001) and the PS3's exclusive JRPG games. I don't care about consoles otherwise. and if the PS3 games where on the PC I'd not care about that one either.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#3Darkstorm16Posted 6/7/2014 5:35:17 AM
For the most part as wimpy as my $250 laptop is I do enjoy the games on there, that being said i used to enjoy all the consoles even as new as the 360 is but the issue now lies in the fact that today's consoles mainly ps4 and XBoxOne sure they have the power but no games. I am however enjoying the hell out of my vita 3ds and WiiU for my games it's hard to stay with PC when your favorite game series or genres are on console but not PC.
---
PSN: Desertking24
#4samurai1900Posted 6/7/2014 5:40:39 AM
Yes, I appreciate games.
---
Interested in playing Minecraft FTB Summer 2014 server? PM me for details!
http://imgur.com/a/p3Y0c - No tech focus! - Steam: SuperSamurai190
#5Saq02Posted 6/7/2014 5:53:12 AM(edited)
I do, but only for games that are exclusives. But some like Enslaved on the 360, make the jump to pc, however, for the time being, the 360 version is still the better overall version. If you want better visuals and enb effects, you do have the option of playing the pc version, but its not a good port over.

On my 360, i have a few exclusives such as:
The whole Forza series
Dragons Dogmas + dark arisen
Army of two
Gta V
Project Gotham 4 ( I did buy 3 used, but it was total garbage )
Halo 3
Banjo Tooie ( i know it came to n64 first, but my n64 controller is stuffed )
Fable Anniversary
Fable 2

And a couple of others that I've forgotten the names of.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Fable Anniversary , Watchdogs, Gta iv, Kirby's Triple Deluxe, Gotham City Imposters F2P.
#6AsucaHayashiPosted 6/7/2014 5:45:34 AM
samurai1900 posted...
Yes, I appreciate games.

this.

couldn't care less about the actual plastic boxes since none of them offer anything substantial aside from maybe the wii u tablet.

the rest of them seem to offer up gimmicks that publishers desperately try to push but end up pulling out just as quickly afterwards... eg. sixaxis motion or the cheaper xbone without kinect.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#7PhilOnDezPosted 6/7/2014 5:52:52 AM
I own a 360 and PS3, I'll probably pick up a PS4 for jrpgs/Ratchet and Clank down the line (it'll be a while since as niche as the market for jrpgs is we're not going to be getting PS4 exclusive ones until adoption rates are higher) but I'd pick them up on PC in a heartbeat if given the choice. I don't appreciate the consoles at all, just a handful of the games they basically hold for ransom.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#8DC07301981Posted 6/7/2014 5:54:08 AM
I definitely appreciate consoles as I was primarily a console gamer for more than 25 years. I haven't owned a console however for almost two years and game primarily on PC. Will I pick up a console in the future? Definitely, if and when I have the money to do so.

I love the PC for the RTS and TBS games that I religiously play. I love strategy and depth and you really can't get that on console games. On consoles however, I love some sports games like FIFA, racing games, and fighting games. Can't beat those on console.

In this day when money is tight, I go for what gives me the most for the dollar as of right now. While a console is mainly just for games, a PC has gaming capabilities, web browsing, document and video editing, etc...It's what I currently need most at the moment, also in part because of my financial situation. For this gen, I'm waiting on consoles first to see what they can truly deliver within the next year or two before I decide to go ahead and drop $400 on one.
#9Moorish_IdolPosted 6/7/2014 5:55:53 AM
I don't own any consoles right now actually. I used to have several but I rarely played them after getting my gaming PC.

I do however have a DS and 3DS which get lots of lovin. PC + 3DS = best combo.
#10Saq02Posted 6/7/2014 5:57:48 AM
I also forgot to mention Bayonetta as well as Killer is Dead, and Warface which is free to play.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Fable Anniversary , Watchdogs, Gta iv, Kirby's Triple Deluxe, Gotham City Imposters F2P.