This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do any of you appreciate consoles?

#31BasilVZeroPosted 6/7/2014 8:54:43 AM
Yes. I play all platforms.
---
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BasilZero
#32r7gerrabbitPosted 6/7/2014 9:01:35 AM
I buy Nintendo consoles because they have exclusives that you can't find anywhere else.
But that's it.

PC + Nintendo gives me more games than I possibly have the time to play. Even if I quit my job I couldn't play all the games I want to play. So I have no interest in other consoles.
---
Sig.
#33Jason_HudsonPosted 6/7/2014 9:08:27 AM
I don't get by on it alone, I own many consoles. I appreciate the older ones (like the Atari 2600, NES and so on), but I truly feel that the newer ones have just hampered progression in technology. Developers build their games so that they can run where the most users are - the consoles - so PCs are rarely taken advantage of.

One thing I truly hate are console exclusives that just don't run correctly. They're games that would be so much better with the newest hardware, but they are limited to bad graphics and/or poor performance. Lightning Returns is one such game. Poor framerate combined with poor graphics completely ruined it for me.
---
PC is the only place to play games at their true potential
1080p/60fps standard, upgradable, mods, FOV sliders, ultra graphics - it's backwards compatible too
#34shinrugalPosted 6/7/2014 9:15:54 AM
samurai1900 posted...
Yes, I appreciate games.

---
Yay new PC!!!!!!
#35jake-sfPosted 6/7/2014 9:29:53 AM(edited)
I am of the simple mentality that consoles have no reason to be. The only reason I'd ever get one is exclusive. Which really just means people are screwing people over for exclusivity. Exclusivity is an insult to art. If they wanted me to play their games, it would be on PC.

I see nothing beyond that.

I'm also poor as **** and never will have the money to justify spending it on a console box for a handful of games.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#36WhyitEarpPosted 6/7/2014 9:35:42 AM
Yes i love video games period. I'm sure im in the vast minority but i own a gaming PC and a WiiU and a PS4 and an Xbox1. Exclusives man, exclusives
#37djprofessork1Posted 6/7/2014 9:36:40 AM
The only reason I buy consoles is for exclusive games, so basically they're Gouging us, forcing us to buy these crap systems.
I just wish every game was on pc.
#38SavageDonzillaPosted 6/7/2014 9:39:37 AM
I've had a PC and all consoles the last 3 gens or so. Prior it was consoles only for each gen. I like that if I see a game, I don't have to wait until they tell me what console/pc it's coming out on. If a game looks good, I can has buy.

Don't have a PS4/Xbone yet. But over the next 6-12 months, I'll be nabbing them.
---
It's time to add PS4 & Xbox One/Xbone to the banned list on the PC board.
#39ThePylonPosted 6/7/2014 9:42:52 AM
The fact that if it was not for consoles pc gamers would actually need to spend like $400+ on hardware every year. Thanks for slowing the march, my wife appreciates it.
---
I play too many different games to even care.
#40RagnarokxvPosted 6/7/2014 9:51:35 AM
Only old consoles like NES, SNES, N64, Saturn, PS1/2, Dreamcast, Mega Drive, PCEngine, etc.

Well, some newer consoles like my Japanese 360 for Cave arcade shmups.

I don't play PC games anymore, the only gaming I do on my fairly capable PC is through emulators. It is set up like a cabinet, with my arcade sticks.
Modern games have no difficulty unless they are player versus player, which I no longer do as I don't play online games anymore.
That had little difficulty either, I am probably be the best fps player here but people don't like to lose and act like jerks when they do I see no reason to expose my self to such negativity ever again.

Arcade games are the most difficult games along with older game play oriented console games.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??