This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do any of you appreciate consoles?

#61Digital StormPosted 6/7/2014 12:15:34 PM
Yep, I just bought Mario Kart 8, a Wii U Pro Controller and Ni No Kuni, should arrive some time Monday.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#62MC RaZaRPosted 6/7/2014 12:24:17 PM
I enjoy playing on consoles, so yeah I appreciate them.
---
Oh, I don't want to walk that far. Anything that takes more than 12 steps isn't worth doing! Eh? 12? Get it? Steps! Hehehe.- Homer J. Simpson
#63DaedalusExPosted 6/7/2014 12:29:25 PM(edited)
What's to appreciate? The exclusives? Those have nothing to do with the consoles themselves. What you should really be saying is "I appreciate business deals that prevent certain games from being ported to other platforms."
#64psduckie1Posted 6/7/2014 12:36:17 PM
Absolutely I appreciate consoles. Though I do prefer PC simply because of the exclusives, I appreciate consoles for the fact that I can play them when the PC is busy or otherwise indisposed. Also, I appreciate consoles for the fact that there are more people playing them - which means more people for multiplayer!
#65JKatarnPosted 6/7/2014 12:57:08 PM
Yeah, I'm calling BS on playing modern games on a $400 laptop at "high" at a playable rate, unless you consider 10-15 fps "playable", and to answer your question I appreciate consoles insofar as they provide desirable exclusives now and then, if everything were available on PC I would have no reason to own a console.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#66UrbanMessiahPosted 6/7/2014 1:29:42 PM
I go where the games I want are, be it console or PC.
---
"Friendship ain't about trust...it's about nunchucks!"
#67JKatarnPosted 6/7/2014 2:25:17 PM(edited)
Silbe posted...
The fact that if it was not for consoles pc gamers would actually need to spend like $400+ on hardware every year. Thanks for slowing the march, my wife appreciates it.

This is so true. Every time I hear people lamenting about how consoles hold back the industry, I want to hit my head against a wall. Especially if something like that is said shortly after those same people complain that "insert medium hardware requirement game" only runs at 30 fps on med for them, and a new graphics card would be too costly at the moment. <_<

This is not really true, because if a developer hopes to make any money they have to account for the fact that only a small percentage of PC gamers are using high-end rigs, so they'd still have to make their engines reasonably scalable if they want a decent sized audience for their games.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#68TeraPatrick2008Posted 6/7/2014 1:36:23 PM
I'm playing ...
consoles - 60%
handhelds - 30%
PC - 10 %
#69CaanimalPosted 6/7/2014 1:44:52 PM(edited)
IMO EVERY PC gamer SHOULD at the very least appreciate console, w/o consoles there would be no PC gaming for PCs to come back to. When consoles came into existence there was almost 0 interest in PC gaming, namely because PCs cost a ridiculous amount and no one had a clue what to use them for. Consoles took digital gaming and brought it into homes every where, w/o them it would have been relegated to some tiny hole in the wall spot in malls. Whether a PC elitist likes to admit it or not, w/o console there would be no video gaming what so ever.

*Edit* Oh, and no one should ever limit themselves to just one type of media device...
#70EpicKingdom_Posted 6/7/2014 1:43:16 PM
Not really, at least not anymore or as much as I used to before I became a PC gamer. I absolutely despise the console / gaming industry and everything it's about. Name brands, development time, the hardware, used (half price) new (full price) games. DLC, season passes, pay for online, digital failure, performance failure.

ALL of this crap (such as the pay for online, DLC whatever) mostly because of the console industry and these peasants blindly purchasing anything at sight just so they can play a game for a month before raging how bad it is.

The only thing I do appreciate would be the AAA focus, but even those turn out to be meh or milked for money.
---
http://i.imgur.com/70oZMEb.png