This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do any of you appreciate consoles?

#71CaanimalPosted 6/7/2014 1:45:59 PM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
Not really, at least not anymore or as much as I used to before I became a PC gamer. I absolutely despise the console / gaming industry and everything it's about. Name brands, development time, the hardware, used (half price) new (full price) games. DLC, season passes, pay for online, digital failure, performance failure.

ALL of this crap (such as the pay for online, DLC whatever) mostly because of the console industry and these peasants blindly purchasing anything at sight just so they can play a game for a month before raging how bad it is.

The only thing I do appreciate would be the AAA focus, but even those turn out to be meh or milked for money.

Sounds to me like you need to get out of video gaming all together...
#72DC07301981Posted 6/7/2014 1:47:38 PM
Consoles will always stay with me, that's how I spent my childhood in the 80's and 90's, playing games on consoles with friends and buddies from school. I'll never forget the competitive spirit we had when my friends played together.
#73Luiz_AMNPosted 6/7/2014 2:10:50 PM
No, I not a fan of potatoes.
#74EpicKingdom_Posted 6/7/2014 2:18:38 PM
Caanimal posted...
EpicKingdom_ posted...
Not really, at least not anymore or as much as I used to before I became a PC gamer. I absolutely despise the console / gaming industry and everything it's about. Name brands, development time, the hardware, used (half price) new (full price) games. DLC, season passes, pay for online, digital failure, performance failure.

ALL of this crap (such as the pay for online, DLC whatever) mostly because of the console industry and these peasants blindly purchasing anything at sight just so they can play a game for a month before raging how bad it is.

The only thing I do appreciate would be the AAA focus, but even those turn out to be meh or milked for money.

Sounds to me like you need to get out of video gaming all together...

Nah, I'm perfectly happy with Steam and older games such as Rollercoaster Tycoon. Therefore, I still enjoy gaming. At least what it used to be.
---
http://i.imgur.com/70oZMEb.png
#75XtremeWRATH360Posted 6/7/2014 2:23:21 PM
I own a Wii U to go with my PC, it's all I need as I don't see a reason owning an XB1 or PS4. The multiplats or games are better on PC and there's really no exclusives worth buying either system for right now.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#76JKatarnPosted 6/7/2014 2:26:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#77Pengu1nPosted 6/7/2014 2:28:19 PM
I do like PC gaming but i like the simplicity of console gaming also. Watch_Dogs for instance on PC it would look nicer but it uses uplay and would no doubt take an age to install on console you just put the disc in and play granted you still have a data install and it does use uplay in a way but it's not like on PC though where you need uplay and if your internet goes down you can't play it.
---
FX 6300, HYPER 212 EVO, 16GB DDR3, 7870 GHZ 2GB, 2TB HDD, 64 GB SATA III SSD, 12X BLU RAY, 750W PSU, X-FI FATAL1TY,WINDOWS 7
#78gfrequencyPosted 6/7/2014 2:31:24 PM
I'm not even sure why people feel PC and console should be in competition in the first place. I enjoy games -- unpopular opinion on this site, I know -- and there are exclusive games for PC and console that I like, hence I appreciate both.
---
You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.
#79XtremeWRATH360Posted 6/7/2014 2:57:43 PM
Not a fan of the notion that I'm not a gamer unless I own all the consoles. I can pretty much guarantee that I'm a bigger gamer than most who own all the consoles without needing all the consoles.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#80ArkonBladePosted 6/7/2014 3:23:59 PM
I enjoy any thing that has games I want to play on it.
---
PC game sales= more games then you could ever dream of owning.
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade