This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games With Great Gameplay

#1Guitar_Hero_GuyPosted 6/7/2014 8:44:56 AM
Hey Gfaqs,

I'm looking for games that have great and well done game play. I want to find a game where you truly play it and have control over your character. Some of my favorites are the 2D Castlevania games, awesome for the fact that the combat is very fluid and fast, all weapons are pretty much viable and you can skip the cutscenes. Hand-in-hand to this, I love the Dark Souls series, while I find some of the areas in both games to be a bit ehh less than perfect, I like the concept and the overall games. I'm also rather fond of action RPGs like Path of Exile, though the balancing in that game has made me want to take a break from it, but it's a game that's focused on the combat slowly growing more difficult, which is really fun for me.

Thanks!
---
Steam ID - Jaxxxson
#2StormKMDPosted 6/7/2014 9:00:46 AM
Torchlight 2 was a very fun game for me, I think you'd enjoy that. XCOM: Enemy Unknown is another good one. Bastion's a short little RPG, but I had fun with it. I'd look up those three TC, pretty sure you'd like them all.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K Phantek PH-TC14PE_BK | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | 1500GBs HDD | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/StormKMD
#3Guitar_Hero_Guy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2014 9:05:50 AM
StormKMD posted...
Torchlight 2 was a very fun game for me, I think you'd enjoy that. XCOM: Enemy Unknown is another good one. Bastion's a short little RPG, but I had fun with it. I'd look up those three TC, pretty sure you'd like them all.

You rock for replying, I've beaten Bastion in its entirety and had a great time with it, being able to set the difficulty up for better rewards was super awesome via the idols. I think I need to try the other two more thoroughly, especially considering I own both haha. I've loved the Torchlight 2 gameplay from what I remember, I have a lot of hours on it according to Steam, but I always find myself stopping somewhere in Act 2, I play on the hardest difficulty and things seem to sponge so much damage that it gets boring. I probably need to lower it down to (hopefully this is right) Elite, but is it a game that gets better as you go on? As for XCOM, I played a little bit, I can't remember why I stopped because I enjoyed it a lot haha, that style of combat is a lot of fun and pretty rare these days sadly.

Again, thank you for replying, I'll give those another try!
---
Steam ID - Jaxxxson
#4pwnater777Posted 6/7/2014 9:11:28 AM
- The Binding of Isaac
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Hotline Miami

Personally, these three games feel like I'm truly in control. I don't know why Battlefront II feels as good as it does, but I think Hotline and Isaac can be both related to the difficulty factor and if you do well, you can really feel it.

Hopefully that helps a bit.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#5IcyFlamez96Posted 6/7/2014 9:18:16 AM
Deus Ex HR
---
Playstation All Star's method of balancing is making each character broken in their own way.
#6snesmaster40Posted 6/7/2014 9:29:29 AM
Crusader Kings 2
Europa Universalis IV
Victoria 2
Hearts of Iron 3

Crusader Kings 2 is mostly about managing your dynasty and gaining power through marriage and/or murder.

The rest see you managing a nation through the times they are set in.
---
Are we not men?
#7Guitar_Hero_Guy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2014 9:33:25 AM
Loving the variety, keep 'em coming, the more action oriented, the better to me, I like to keep active in games. Funny enough I own many of these games because of Steam sales, so that's great haha.
---
Steam ID - Jaxxxson
#8anonymous46773Posted 6/7/2014 9:37:20 AM
If you like the 2D Castlevania games, take a look at Dust: An Elysian Tail. It's pretty great.

Relevant video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taRJkbnEgK4
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#9qeoijlijwPosted 6/7/2014 10:53:22 AM
solitaire
#10MahoganyTooth92Posted 6/7/2014 10:58:52 AM
The Kingdom Hearts series is great, but you'll have to emulate the series.
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8