This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games With Great Gameplay

#11jedinatPosted 6/7/2014 11:28:11 AM(edited)
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
The Kingdom Hearts series is great, but you'll have to emulate the series.

You have got to be joking. Probably the worst "action RPG" gameplay I've ever come across. Feels like Ratchet n Clank or some crap, which I hate. Weird and floaty and button-mashy.
#12BlackMantisPosted 6/7/2014 12:32:32 PM
Mount and Blade: Warband.

It's not as much an RPG, but there's lots of medieval combat, and it's fluid and addictive.
---
i5-3570k | Gigabyte Z77 UD5H | evga GTX 680 SC | 8 gb RAM | 2TB HDD | HAF 932
#13IcyFlamez96Posted 6/7/2014 12:33:23 PM
jedinat posted...
Feels like Ratchet n Clank or some crap

I have never seen a more wild comparison in my life.
---
Playstation All Star's method of balancing is making each character broken in their own way.
#14PhilOnDezPosted 6/7/2014 12:44:03 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
jedinat posted...

I'm very confused myself. Mayyyybe a tiny little bit the first one but not really. Past that? Not at all unless there's some weird spinoff that I missed (I didn't).

Vanquish and Metal Gear Rising are some cool action games by Platinum Games. They're on the short side though and Vanquish is console exclusive. If you really want control of your character you may not like MGR that much as it's loaded with QTEs and Ninja Run does a lot of things for you (deflecting bullets, climbing walls, diving through/over/under obstacles), it's the one game I feel QTEs worked in though. If you do try it, make sure to learn to parry in the tutorial. It's not hard but it's not something you'll figure out just playing the game and you can get through the first half without parrying but after that you'll just start getting destroyed and not be able to figure out why.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#15Dark_Oblivion2Posted 6/7/2014 1:34:18 PM
Hotline Miami
---
Even the most primitive society has an innate respect for the insane.
#16jedinatPosted 6/7/2014 7:48:13 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
jedinat posted...

PhilOnDez posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
jedinat posted...

I'm very confused myself. Mayyyybe a tiny little bit the first one but not really. Past that? Not at all unless there's some weird spinoff that I missed (I didn't).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_ra7nADsTY#t=458
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EfvhztYVe0#t=577

That's the last Ratchet and Clank game I played. The comparison doesn't seem all that wild to me. You run around in a cartoony world smashing random crap that shows up and collect the bits that fall out of disappearing enemies.... in both.
#17Cool_Dude667Posted 6/7/2014 7:51:11 PM
Starcraft 2 HotS
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#18CloudZ1116Posted 6/7/2014 9:13:33 PM
Freespace 2
---
Intel Core i7 2600k | XFX Radeon HD 7950 | MSI P67A-G45 | Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 16GB | Crucial M4 128GB | WD Cavair Black 1TB | OCZ Fatal1ty 750W
#19codyorrPosted 6/7/2014 9:53:39 PM
snesmaster40 posted...
Crusader Kings 2
Europa Universalis IV
Victoria 2
Hearts of Iron 3

Crusader Kings 2 is mostly about managing your dynasty and gaining power through marriage and/or murder.

The rest see you managing a nation through the times they are set in.
#20Ivany2008Posted 6/7/2014 11:14:02 PM
If you enjoy the castlevania series I'd suggest taking a shot at Rogue Legacy. With the sales coming up next month you should be able to grab it for cheap.