This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does PC have any AAA quality exclusives that justify sticking to PC only gaming?

#21Lemur_HPosted 6/7/2014 11:55:26 AM
I'll never get to play ARMA on a console.

Even if it did come out on a console, no one in their right mind would want to play that with a controller. The mission editor tools would also be locked down or ripped out of the version entirely.
#22EpicKingdom_Posted 6/7/2014 12:27:42 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
Practically every RTS, TBS, and MMO. CRPG's, sims, and indie games with AAA quality. There's a lot more on pc compared to any 1 console. A LOT more.

That isn't to say console exclusives are weaker or anything, just that if you need to ask about pc exclusives, you haven't looked. Just because it isn't posted on a billboard a year before release in every physical game store out there, doesn't mean its not quality.

Sounds about right.
---
http://i.imgur.com/70oZMEb.png
#23josh_bPosted 6/7/2014 4:48:50 PM
I don't need AAA games to justify my PC gaming habits. Multiplayer is what i go for and there is no better home for that than on PC.

Unlike consoles where a popular game is just as likely to go dead as the next ''big'' thing comes out. PC gamers support games for decades and build communities around those games with like minded gamers that are passionate about what they are playing.

But with saying that i do enjoy consoles as well as they have offered me some amazing single player experiences like Shadow of The Colossus and Heavy Rain and also the Uncharted games.

Each has it's place so i really don't see why anybody has to justify anything. Play and do what you enjoy.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, PNY GTX 780TI SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD updating to i7 shortly
Xbox live: tanis8585
#24cody4783Posted 6/7/2014 4:57:14 PM
Lemur_H posted...
Even if it did come out on a console, no one in their right mind would want to play that with a controller. The mission editor tools would also be locked down or ripped out of the version entirely.

Just picture the amount of combined commands and Hold/Combinations of buttons would be required just to map HALF of ArmA's functions to a controller. Any controller.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/zgyKBAY.jpg
#25R i c kPosted 6/7/2014 5:04:27 PM
Backward logic... Nothing is required to justify sticking to PC-only. The fact is there are more than enough great games released on a regular basis to be gaming for the rest of your life. The question is, is there enough being offered on consoles to justify spending an extra $1000 or so per console just for a few games you can't play on PC? My vote is "no" but that's obviously a subjective matter.

Not only do you get more great games on PC but you get them cheaper and you also get to keep them instead of having a big ol' Reset Game Library button pushed on you every 5-8 years when the next gen takes over.
---
The SilentCaay Channel - www.youtube.com/user/silentcaay
Competitive gaming featuring APB: Reloaded and others. Tune in!
#26g7g7g7g7Posted 6/7/2014 5:14:41 PM
You have the exclusive back catalogue, that allows one device to play multi-platform games released from any generation, don't get that with any single console. If I had to pick between any one console today it would probably be the Xbox 360 it has the best varied game catalogue after the PC and maybe the PS2 but I would get bored of "Tales" games after about a year.
---
"You know what's most annoying about hearing neighbors having sex?,
When it's too quiet*" - Umbongo