This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where is the F2P version of Defiance on Steam? Do I download the 'demo'?

#1Justice98405Posted 6/7/2014 12:38:31 PM
As the title asks? Do I just download the demo, I'm only seeing that and the paid DLC options on the store page, no F2P version download.
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#2PhilOnDezPosted 6/7/2014 12:46:04 PM
Probably. The demo was basically the full game to start with anyway, you just had a really low level cap.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#3disgruntledRIerPosted 6/7/2014 12:48:06 PM
you should be able to download it from the dev's website. While that might not be optimal, but it's the only way I know how.
#4SavageDonzillaPosted 6/7/2014 12:50:29 PM
I say download the demo. What I would think would happen(and it's Trion so it may not) is that it will update, then once you sign up, you'll have access to the full game.
---
It's time to add PS4 & Xbox One/Xbone to the banned list on the PC board.
#5PhilOnDezPosted 6/7/2014 12:51:10 PM
It'll definitely be available there, and you should still be able to buy the DLC through steam if you want. Just purchase it and then go to your CD keys page and redeem them on the Trion Worlds site. I don't really recommend any of them though, aside from maybe the digital deluxe upgrade if it's still available (get it in sale if you do) and the Chimera one. The Castithan Charge Pack might be worth it to you if you want a melee build as well.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#6Justice98405(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2014 1:00:48 PM
I just ended up at the main page for the game from Trion and I'm getting the client there. It looked... underwhelming at launch when I looked into the game, but Free to Play IS free, so I'll at least give it a whirl. :)
---
To the mattresses.
#7PhilOnDezPosted 6/7/2014 1:07:33 PM
Underwhelming is definitely a polite way of putting its launch. It's come a long way though. It went from 'stay away' to 'worth the ten bucks they're asking for it now', definitely worth free.
---
#8Dark_Oblivion2Posted 6/7/2014 1:32:32 PM(edited)
Bought and played it during launch when the game was still buy-to-play last year.

My short conclusion is the game is worth a short IF you are looking for some heavy third-person oriented action shooter as an MMO, there are tons of that in the game, quick reaction time are way more valuable than a high-level EGO skilltree in most combat situation. The game is VERY fast-paced.

Other than that nothing really special. I find it very hilarious and a weak attempt on how the developers try to force a somewhat meaningful storyline to connect the game between the TV show.
---
Even the most primitive society has an innate respect for the insane.
#9calcyclePosted 6/7/2014 1:41:07 PM
When I played it during a free weekend I was disappointed in the loot, with there barely being any available when I played. This meant that the only thing left that could interest me was the gameplay and shooting, and even then other games have done it better. Overall I would not have bought the game.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
#10Justice98405(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2014 4:43:24 PM
The game is.... okay. I guess. And that's about all I can say playing the tutorial.

I got what I paid for at least.

And apparently it's prone to glitches. I was still doing the opening missions before getting your ATV and was downed by an enemy, and I was locked into the downed state, I couldn't revive myself or get an evac, and the options and menus all were locked out. I had to alt-tab and kill the game and restart it. LOL.
---
To the mattresses.