This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a way to increase my Steam download speed?

#11kill2thisPosted 6/7/2014 3:43:04 PM
Can you verify which package your on via their website that would give you the correct details? It wouldn't shock me if the agent stated that it was megabytes not knowing the difference themselves.
#12El_Dustino(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2014 3:46:19 PM
Can you show me the list of packages? I have actually been looking because I want to increase the speed past the normal 3Mbs/MBs (whichever it is) that we are not getting at the moment anyways, but have not found a list.
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
AC:NL Dream Address: 5700-3355-4304
#13kill2thisPosted 6/7/2014 3:51:05 PM
I'm from the UK, but this game up in Google:
http://www.verizon.com/home/bundles/standard-dsl-services/

Also has links on that page to their cable deals.
#14El_Dustino(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2014 3:59:51 PM
The closest thing I can see to our offer on that page is the Triple Play thing (we got our deal before this existed), so I am going to ASSUME that we are supposed to be getting 3Mbs... sucks, but at the same time I never knew it was that slow anyways.

Well, thank you guys for showing me the difference between the two. :3

But, like... now that I know there are so much faster speeds out there, I feel so... left in the past. ;~; I wonder how much Verizon will charge if if we bump the Mbps up some...

I wonder if it would be on topic to ask about why my Internet is sucking so much recently... kinda already brought it up.

If anyone has any knowledge on this, our net has been slowing down and going out pretty randomly yet often. When we turn the router off and on, it generally brings it back, but then it goes back out, and a few turns of that usually fixes it. We are pretty certain it is NOT the router, but are not sure what else it could be... maybe the network, or the phone jack?

Either way, if anyone has any advice it would be appreciated. If not, maybe I will make a topic for this by itself.

Either way, thank you. :3
---
#15iceachePosted 6/7/2014 4:11:00 PM
El_Dustino posted...
The closest thing I can see to our offer on that page is the Triple Play thing (we got our deal before this existed), so I am going to ASSUME that we are supposed to be getting 3Mbs... sucks, but at the same time I never knew it was that slow anyways.

Well, thank you guys for showing me the difference between the two. :3

But, like... now that I know there are so much faster speeds out there, I feel so... left in the past. ;~; I wonder how much Verizon will charge if if we bump the Mbps up some...

I wonder if it would be on topic to ask about why my Internet is sucking so much recently... kinda already brought it up.

If anyone has any knowledge on this, our net has been slowing down and going out pretty randomly yet often. When we turn the router off and on, it generally brings it back, but then it goes back out, and a few turns of that usually fixes it. We are pretty certain it is NOT the router, but are not sure what else it could be... maybe the network, or the phone jack?

Either way, if anyone has any advice it would be appreciated. If not, maybe I will make a topic for this by itself.

Either way, thank you. :3

If you're paying for the 3Mbps package, and you're only getting 1.25.. then chances are you're too far away to get anything faster.
#16El_Dustino(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2014 4:15:30 PM
Too far away from what exactly?

I am using a wired connection that is not that far from the Router, and we have gotten the normal 3Mbs before not all that long ago.
---
#17AnatomyHorrorPosted 6/7/2014 4:34:06 PM
A lot of times ISP's will say speeds "up to" 3mbps etc. Up to. That means if it's lower than advertised, they're not liable. There could be something wrong though. Definitely call them and ask what your speed is supposed to be. You could have static in your lines etc.
#18El_Dustino(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2014 4:47:37 PM
I am sure there is something wrong, because not only were we getting 3Mbs pretty reliably before, but the Internet just craps out at times as well, and they can say whatever they want about speed, but that should not be happening. It's also not like the main office is that far away (same city).

But yeah, I guess I will give them a call Monday... it sounds like it is a real pain to get Verizon to admit that something on their end is wrong... not looking forward to that.

But thanks all.
---