This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What to do with a Surface 2 RT

#1commandox65Posted 6/7/2014 4:58:14 PM
Got gifted a Surface 2 and between my desktop, laptop, and phone, I don't really seem to have a use for it. Wish there were more apps for it in the Microsoft Store besides Halo: Spartan Assault..
#2Orestes417Posted 6/7/2014 5:00:44 PM
Media consumption more or less. Good for reading books and magazines or surfing in bed.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#3urtvPosted 6/7/2014 5:02:16 PM
if it's still sealed then try to return it to bestbuy or something for store credit
#4Lemur_HPosted 6/7/2014 5:05:00 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Media consumption more or less. Good for reading books and magazines or surfing in bed.

This.

May also be able to turn it into some sort of media remote for streaming media from your PC to your TV.
#5ShubPosted 6/7/2014 5:07:37 PM
I don't have a Surface, but I have another tablet, and I use it to watch movies and TV shows or read comics. I primarily use mine on my commute to work (I take the train) but sometimes also before going to sleep.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#6Enigma149Posted 6/11/2014 4:34:03 PM
Media consumption, and if you're going on a long trip, bring it to browse the web / work on, and use your laptop for gaming (unless it's not a gaming laptop, in which case...don't...).

You could, of course, sell it if neither of the above appeal to you, but I find it's always useful to have a backup device.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0