This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games for Windows Live?!? working???

#1ItchyIsVegetaPosted 6/7/2014 10:38:44 PM
I was playing Street Fighter X Tekken on PC, which is still a Games for Windows Live title, and sure enough, I get a challenge from an online dude, and we played a game.

I thought the Games for Windows Live online servers were shut down.
---
XBOX Gamertag: ITCHYisVegeta
#2BMXJousterPosted 6/7/2014 10:40:09 PM
I believe only the marketplace is actually shut down at the moment. The servers and service in general is supposed to be within the next month or two.
---
Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives
"One embarrassing clown's quest for the ultimate case of diarrhea."
#3codyorrPosted 6/7/2014 10:42:08 PM
BMXJouster posted...
I believe only the marketplace is actually shut down at the moment. The servers and service in general is supposed to be within the next month or two.
#4ItchyIsVegeta(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2014 10:48:31 PM
Ok, so here is my next question. Lets say in 3 months, I buy a new PC, and reinstall the game, and need to activate it again. Am I SOL?
---
#5codyorrPosted 6/7/2014 10:58:35 PM
ItchyIsVegeta posted...
Ok, so here is my next question. Lets say in 3 months, I buy a new PC, and reinstall the game, and need to activate it again. Am I SOL?

As a boxed game owner I am also interested in this.
#6Lum_YatsuraPosted 6/8/2014 2:53:38 AM
it's not publicly known. The initial date was retracted.
---
3ds fc: 5026 4515 5016
We'll ion buzz to the blue stars over there!?
#7AsellusPosted 6/8/2014 3:02:06 AM

Probably. As of right now the only game Capcom's moved over from GFWL, or said they have intention of moving over, is SF4:AE.
#8wildog2006Posted 6/8/2014 8:29:30 AM
So, it's officially time to sail the seven seas with games we've legally bought and can no longer play. What a time to be a sailor.
---
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''
#9ItchyIsVegeta(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 11:38:26 PM
Time to start looking for some cracks for the games that I legally purchased. Serious though. How hard is it to keep one small server running for the sole purpose of activating a game? Not that hard. That or the publishers could be cool and release an official activation patch on their site or something.
---
#10CllerjPosted 6/12/2014 11:49:28 PM
ItchyIsVegeta posted...
That or the publishers could be cool and release an official activation patch on their site or something.

Thanks for the laugh!
---
Games. That is all.