This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games for Windows Live?!? working???

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Games for Windows Live?!? working???

User Info: ItchyIsVegeta

ItchyIsVegeta
2 years ago#1
I was playing Street Fighter X Tekken on PC, which is still a Games for Windows Live title, and sure enough, I get a challenge from an online dude, and we played a game.

I thought the Games for Windows Live online servers were shut down.
XBOX Gamertag: ITCHYisVegeta

User Info: BMXJouster

BMXJouster
2 years ago#2
I believe only the marketplace is actually shut down at the moment. The servers and service in general is supposed to be within the next month or two.
Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives
"One embarrassing clown's quest for the ultimate case of diarrhea."

User Info: codyorr

codyorr
2 years ago#3
BMXJouster posted...
I believe only the marketplace is actually shut down at the moment. The servers and service in general is supposed to be within the next month or two.

ItchyIsVegeta
2 years ago#4
Ok, so here is my next question. Lets say in 3 months, I buy a new PC, and reinstall the game, and need to activate it again. Am I SOL?

User Info: codyorr

codyorr
2 years ago#5
ItchyIsVegeta posted...
Ok, so here is my next question. Lets say in 3 months, I buy a new PC, and reinstall the game, and need to activate it again. Am I SOL?

As a boxed game owner I am also interested in this.

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
2 years ago#6
it's not publicly known. The initial date was retracted.
3ds fc: 5026 4515 5016
We'll ion buzz to the blue stars over there!?

User Info: Asellus

Asellus
2 years ago#7

Probably. As of right now the only game Capcom's moved over from GFWL, or said they have intention of moving over, is SF4:AE.

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
2 years ago#8
So, it's officially time to sail the seven seas with games we've legally bought and can no longer play. What a time to be a sailor.
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''

ItchyIsVegeta
2 years ago#9
Time to start looking for some cracks for the games that I legally purchased. Serious though. How hard is it to keep one small server running for the sole purpose of activating a game? Not that hard. That or the publishers could be cool and release an official activation patch on their site or something.

User Info: Cllerj

Cllerj
2 years ago#10
ItchyIsVegeta posted...
That or the publishers could be cool and release an official activation patch on their site or something.

Thanks for the laugh!
Games. That is all.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Games for Windows Live?!? working???

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived