It was a trial version (or at least I think it was a trial) that came with an old computer. I can't remember exactly how long ago was it, but I reckon at least 10 years ago. It has bugged me for many years until I gave up trying to remember it, but recently, a friend of mine brought up the genre as a topic of discussion and it started to bug me again.
Google wasn't helpful at all, I looked through the list of "City-building games" on GameFAQs and either I missed it or it simply isn't there.
Some descriptions: - It's a town-building game. Or village/city, not entirely sure but it certainly feels more like a village than anything else.
- Control scheme is similar to WC3. Graphics too, but maybe slightly worse.
- Does not feature any battle system, only purpose is to get the town to prosper. I think there were some goals you need to reach as well, such as getting a certain amount of gold.
- You control some race that clearly isn't human. I'm not exactly sure but I seem to recall them looking like a bunch of Shreks.
- One of the resource/sustainability terms used in the game is "Famine". The game repeats "Your town is ________ famine" quite often (can't remember the exactly line, but what I'm sure of is that the word "famine" is read out a lot), and your villagers/townsmen seem to throw up frequently as their idle animation whenever you're in Famine status.
- One of the build-able structures is a wine tavern/bar. I think there are windmills as well but unfortunately, I can't affirm it.
I can't be the only one who has played this game before, but Google seems to tell me "nay, it was your imagination". Any help would be very much appreciated! --- Finally plat'd ToX. Taking a break from gaming for the moment to focus on work (but I'll still frequent forums). Ayachi's number one fan.
I would advise using the year/genre filters at "Mobygames", chances are they'll have an entry if it was a reasonably well known game. --- Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES