This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help on figuring out a certain game's name.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need help on figuring out a certain game's name.

User Info: Heavenwargod

Heavenwargod
2 years ago#1
It was a trial version (or at least I think it was a trial) that came with an old computer. I can't remember exactly how long ago was it, but I reckon at least 10 years ago. It has bugged me for many years until I gave up trying to remember it, but recently, a friend of mine brought up the genre as a topic of discussion and it started to bug me again.

Google wasn't helpful at all, I looked through the list of "City-building games" on GameFAQs and either I missed it or it simply isn't there.

Some descriptions:
- It's a town-building game. Or village/city, not entirely sure but it certainly feels more like a village than anything else.

- Control scheme is similar to WC3. Graphics too, but maybe slightly worse.

- Does not feature any battle system, only purpose is to get the town to prosper. I think there were some goals you need to reach as well, such as getting a certain amount of gold.

- You control some race that clearly isn't human. I'm not exactly sure but I seem to recall them looking like a bunch of Shreks.

- One of the resource/sustainability terms used in the game is "Famine". The game repeats "Your town is ________ famine" quite often (can't remember the exactly line, but what I'm sure of is that the word "famine" is read out a lot), and your villagers/townsmen seem to throw up frequently as their idle animation whenever you're in Famine status.

- One of the build-able structures is a wine tavern/bar. I think there are windmills as well but unfortunately, I can't affirm it.

I can't be the only one who has played this game before, but Google seems to tell me "nay, it was your imagination". Any help would be very much appreciated!
Finally plat'd ToX. Taking a break from gaming for the moment to focus on work (but I'll still frequent forums).
Ayachi's number one fan.

User Info: TharosThorakan

TharosThorakan
2 years ago#2
I seem to remember something like this is well. Sorry I cant help but I would love to know the answer as well.
SteamID - KrayzieCMB
PSN - Thorakan

User Info: Moorish_Idol

Moorish_Idol
2 years ago#3
Might be a long shot, but maybe Hinterland?

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 years ago#4
I would advise using the year/genre filters at "Mobygames", chances are they'll have an entry if it was a reasonably well known game.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Heavenwargod

Heavenwargod
2 years ago#5
TharosThorakan posted...
I seem to remember something like this is well. Sorry I cant help but I would love to know the answer as well.

I'll post back if I find out anything. It's great to find out it's getting less likely that it was an imaginary game in the back of my mind though.

Moorish_Idol posted...
Might be a long shot, but maybe Hinterland?

Nope, but thanks for the suggestion.

JKatarn posted...
I would advise using the year/genre filters at "Mobygames", chances are they'll have an entry if it was a reasonably well known game.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try and see if I hit up anything.
Leia's mom could probably send Barbatos and Dhaos into outer space with one swing of her broom.
Ayachi's number one fan.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need help on figuring out a certain game's name.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived