This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Watch_Dogs is a racist game?

#41OMGWYATTPosted 6/8/2014 9:56:44 AM
daemon_dan posted...
OMGWYATT posted...
pwnater777 posted...
kill2this posted...
"its a random mix of first names and last names."

"in fact, these names were solidified in-game before the Trayvon Martin incident.

So, which is it? Were the names set and solidified in the game before the incident happened, or are they randomly generated?

The things you quoted aren't mutually exclusive.

The bank of names could have been set before the incident. Not sure how a similar looking name has anything to do with Trayvon Martin. This isn't even "overly sensitive" it's just ridiculous.

Okay so, neither of you get it. The names are randomly generated early in development and solidified then. Which, for the time Watch_Dogs has been in development, is quite a bit before the Trayvon incident

That's literally the same thing I said
---
3DS FC: 1263-6701-6748
XBL/PSN: Riotsquad18
#42MadDogV2Posted 6/8/2014 9:57:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#43kingoffpsPosted 6/8/2014 10:03:01 AM
Killah Priest posted...
This is about as racist as calling an African-american male a "black dude"

Out of interest: what do Americans call black people who are not American?

Or what about Americans with African ancestry who are not actually black? Could a white guy still be an African-American?

Seems like the whole African-American thing is a political correctness term that doesn't make much sense. At least to me who isn't from America.
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
#44AzirFuryPosted 6/8/2014 10:05:37 AM
For the guy who is ignorant and says nobody named kavon exists, and says it's not pronounced the way it is:
My cousins name is indeed kavon
His name is in fact pronounced kay-vawn
#45Pal 080Posted 6/8/2014 10:08:06 AM
Can people stop posting in this, or mods get on top of it since you enjoy moderating stupid inconsequential nonsense, but won't mod this disturbance...? It's just making everyone look dumb...
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#46AzirFuryPosted 6/8/2014 10:10:07 AM

Or what about Americans with African ancestry who are not actually black? Could a white guy still be an African-American?

Funny you should say that, I have a white friend from africa, so I call her African American b/c it sounds funny.
#47samuraigaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 10:17:02 AM
kingoffps posted...
Killah Priest posted...
This is about as racist as calling an African-american male a "black dude"

Out of interest: what do Americans call black people who are not American?

Seems like the whole African-American thing is a political correctness term that doesn't make much sense. At least to me who isn't from America.

According to political correctness, the son or daughter of a white (caucasian, ok?) south african immigrant is NOT an african american, because if he is white, political correctnes considers him "normal".

The reason for this is because political correctness was invented by racist white dudes trying to create a language code through which they could continue to be biggots while avoiding being perceived as such.

If anyone is interested in more lectures in political science and sociology, feel free to DM me. (not true, please don't)
#48Gandalf the IstariPosted 6/8/2014 10:20:37 AM
pwnater777 posted...
kill2this posted...
"its a random mix of first names and last names."

"in fact, these names were solidified in-game before the Trayvon Martin incident.

So, which is it? Were the names set and solidified in the game before the incident happened, or are they randomly generated?

Step out of the intellectual shallow pool, I think you're drowning.
---
PSN: ck_22_c GT: ckc22
NA 3DS: 0533 - 4509 - 1310
#49Mr_DelcroixPosted 6/8/2014 10:27:51 AM
Why does this even matter again?
---
Wonder when they're going to realize that I don't care about karma?
#50VeorisPosted 6/8/2014 10:42:13 AM
I-Planters-I posted...
Wow, you have really thin skin and watch liberal media to be affected by this such manner in such a way.

Ughh dem liberulz and their feelings, better be like us conservatives with our sociopathy, real MENLY MENZ.

Are you sure the tin foil around your heads is fitted nice and tight? May be a few open spaces in there. WATCH OUT!
---
Currently playing: FFT:WotL, Persona 4 Arena, FFX