This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Watch_Dogs is a racist game?

#51SnipeStarPosted 6/8/2014 10:44:09 AM
samuraigaiden posted...
Yeah, I don't believe that for one second.

lmao bad damage control is bad
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#52mjc0961Posted 6/8/2014 10:46:00 AM
BillyFnWilson posted...
TC failed and failed hard. Stop trying to see RACISS!!!!! in areas that they don't exist.

TC was very successful. Look at all these people, including yourself, that took the bait.

http://t1.rbxcdn.com/e06f966893de43c57bd202d339fca7af
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#53Orestes417Posted 6/8/2014 10:47:00 AM
People need to stop looking for racism where it doesn't exist. It trivializes actual cases of minorities having their rights abused.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#54VeorisPosted 6/8/2014 10:47:16 AM
samuraigaiden posted...
313pigeonsonme posted...
samuraigaiden posted...
I saw the reports about how the game has an NPC that is, in essence, Trayvon Martin, only in the game he is a drug dealer and a thug, and you as the player get to kill him like George Zimmerman did.

It's the most disguting thing I've seen developers do ever. I'm not buying any more games from Ubisoft until they adress this in a serious manner.

Why is that racist?

Zimmerman's explanation for killing Martin was that he felt threatend because it was a black dude wearing a hoodie walking around at night in his neighborhood. That's as racist an excuse as they come.

By putting this stuff in this manner into the game, they are implicitly saying Zimmerman was right. AKA, if all your friends are racists...

That is sick. I'm weeping internally for humanity right now. Did that ******* Zimmerman get his good time in jail?

But hey the liberulz are too liberul and hypersensitive!! If we all become conservative and aloof to these issues, hey! Maybe they'll resolve on thier own overnight. Makes sense right?
---
Currently playing: FFT:WotL, Persona 4 Arena, FFX
#55bigbadharryPosted 6/8/2014 10:49:27 AM(edited)
This game was developed by a multicultural team of various faiths and beliefs. You ******** racists!
#56hectic3Posted 6/8/2014 10:49:22 AM
Regardless if it was intentional or not is irrelevant. In the Watch Dogs universe this Trayvonn Martin IS a drug dealing gangbanger who you can run over or shoot in the face. No relation to the real Trayvonn Martin. This is a different fictional Trayvonn who deals drugs, get over it bro. You don't see people with the same name as other drug dealers in the game QQing.
#57cody4783Posted 6/8/2014 10:51:19 AM
I'm not sure what I expected when I clicked this topic...

But this is the most hilariously stupid debate I've seen on this site in awhile. Let's just pull random similarities out of our ass and jump to some confounded conclusion that it was an intentional inclusion of a controversial subject in recent history.

Because, you know, every self respecting media publisher wants to put something controversial or potentially offensive in the background of their medium in such a way that it serves no sodding purpose to the storyline or gameplay itself, other than to cause potential flack later on.

Random is random. That's all there is to it.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/zgyKBAY.jpg
#58VeorisPosted 6/8/2014 10:51:39 AM
bigbadharry posted...
This game was developed by a multicultural team of various faiths and beliefs. You ******** racists!

Racism isn't religion. (Or at least it shouldn't be.)
---
Currently playing: FFT:WotL, Persona 4 Arena, FFX
#59Fazeo13Posted 6/8/2014 10:55:15 AM
I think this video will open all the filthy racists eyes to the truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHE_CDECf88
---
You aren't even really reading my posts; you're just staring at your e-mail client and fondly reminiscing about that hobo you stabbed to death. :P
#60samuraigaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 10:55:19 AM
Veoris posted...
That is sick. I'm weeping internally for humanity right now. Did that ******* Zimmerman get his good time in jail?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-found-guilty-free/story?id=19653300