This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Watch_Dogs is a racist game?

#61Bleachfreak7Posted 6/8/2014 10:59:10 AM
Martin isn't the same name as Fortin.
---
3DS: 3437-3085-0365
Currently playing: Dark Souls 2, Final Fantasy X HD, and Persona 4 Golden
#62Kad-ManPosted 6/8/2014 11:00:49 AM
As a black male I can say you need to grow the hell up who cares were the names come from.
#63Cactuar512Posted 6/8/2014 11:22:52 AM
samuraigaiden posted...
kill2this posted...
Most of these names are taken from annual most popular names books as well as from building names.

Show me one human being on the planet named Kavon. Just one.

I knew a Kavon from my high school.
---
Fallout 2>NV>1>3>Every other Fallout game. Don't agree? I don't care.
GameFAQs, where everyone trolls everyone
#64Cactuar512Posted 6/8/2014 11:25:17 AM
Orestes417 posted...
People need to stop looking for racism where it doesn't exist. It trivializes actual cases of minorities having their rights abused.

This
---
Fallout 2>NV>1>3>Every other Fallout game. Don't agree? I don't care.
GameFAQs, where everyone trolls everyone
#65AltiarLioPosted 6/8/2014 11:36:18 AM
samuraigaiden posted...
313pigeonsonme posted...
samuraigaiden posted...
I saw the reports about how the game has an NPC that is, in essence, Trayvon Martin, only in the game he is a drug dealer and a thug, and you as the player get to kill him like George Zimmerman did.

It's the most disguting thing I've seen developers do ever. I'm not buying any more games from Ubisoft until they adress this in a serious manner.

Why is that racist?

Zimmerman's explanation for killing Martin was that he felt threatend because it was a black dude wearing a hoodie walking around at night in his neighborhood. That's as racist an excuse as they come.

By putting this stuff in this manner into the game, they are implicitly saying Zimmerman was right. AKA, if all your friends are racists...

Racism =/= stereotyping.

Learn the difference.
---
Founding member of the GameFAQS Trillionares club.
Adapt or Die. GT: Tyron3L1o
#66Chosen_one_41Posted 6/8/2014 11:39:09 AM
Am I the only one here who doesn't know why that name is racist? I've heard some racist names before but that just seems like it could just be some actual dudes name, not sure which nationality the name would belong to though.
---
www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
I'm not a real gamer, I actually enjoy playing games
#67macmahon187Posted 6/8/2014 11:45:30 AM
Saga3 posted...
Sure it randomly generates most names, and if you look at most the names they are mostly names that exist in the real world. I've never heard of anyone called Kavon in my life, so no, the probability that a fake name that doesn't exist in the real world generated a drug dealer generated a guy wearing a hoodie is too low for me to believe, it's too coincidental for someone not to manually input that name. And why wouldn't Ubisoft use that as an excuse?

Then again I found it mildly amusing.

I worked with a guy named kavon just last year.
---
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!
#68DankMoneyPosted 6/8/2014 11:57:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#69crowkillersPosted 6/8/2014 11:57:20 AM
samuraigaiden posted...
313pigeonsonme posted...
samuraigaiden posted...
I saw the reports about how the game has an NPC that is, in essence, Trayvon Martin, only in the game he is a drug dealer and a thug, and you as the player get to kill him like George Zimmerman did.

It's the most disguting thing I've seen developers do ever. I'm not buying any more games from Ubisoft until they adress this in a serious manner.

Why is that racist?

Zimmerman's explanation for killing Martin was that he felt threatend because it was a black dude wearing a hoodie walking around at night in his neighborhood. That's as racist an excuse as they come.

By putting this stuff in this manner into the game, they are implicitly saying Zimmerman was right. AKA, if all your friends are racists...

I thought Zimmerman killed Martin because Zimmerman was getting his butt kicked...? I know he most likely profiled Martin because he was black, but he didn't kill him because of it.

Believe it or not, there are more people that share that same name... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpUAFGqwiJY
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
www.crowkillers.com
#70CELTEKKPosted 6/8/2014 12:00:49 PM
Shut the fish up.
---
steam:celtekk|origin:celtekk
"Get dungeons." - WyzeGye, 2014