This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do most monitors only have the audio in jack in the back ?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do most monitors only have the audio in jack in the back ?
2 years ago#11
Kano92 posted...
schadow posted...
Use the HDMI to HDMI/DVI for the monitor, and the composite cables for the analog audio to your speakers.

I don't have a problem hooking up the PC to my 2.0 speaker setup. I would like to have another choice to hookup my PS3 then having to use the monitor speakers.

You could use composite or optical out on the PS3 while still using HDMI for the video.
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
2 years ago#12
exactly, use the audio out from your computer or console,
i guess its cool to have audio out on your monitor, but your monitor doesnt produce any noise so its not really a requirement. there is another way to do it.
^ this
2 years ago#13
Winpus posted...
wildog2006 posted...
The black 3.5mm jack above the green input is audio out, dirrrrrrr.

Source: My ASUS monitor with the exact same jacks.

Looked at the picture in the OP, Wilddog is right. The legend below the inputs says Audio-in and then below it a picture of headphones indicating audio-out

lol, I didn't even notice that. That sticker on my monitor is different.

It's called reading comprehension TC. Don't jump to conclusions and flip your s*** over nothing. I've had monitors that have no built-in speakers that have an audio output.
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''
2 years ago#14
Kano92 posted...

But now the way it is configured the PC sound will come out of the 2.0 and PS3 out of the monitor speakers.

If you want the monitor to split the audio signal in HDMI then the monitor would need the equipment to do that. This would increase the price of the monitor and perhaps make it unappealing to buyers.
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5
2 years ago#15
Winpus posted...
wildog2006 posted...

Looked at the picture in the OP, Wilddog is right. The legend below the inputs says Audio-in and then below it a picture of headphones indicating audio-out

Winpus posted...
wildog2006 posted...

Well I saw the black headphone out Jack but thought that would work only for headphones. So if I hookup my PS3 with HDMI to the monitor then run a audio cable from headphone jack from the monitor to the extra AUX input on my 2.0 speakers it should work then ?
i5 2500k | ASUS P8P67 | CORSAIR 650W | 8GB DDR3 1600 | GTX 660 | 2TB 7200 RPM | Windows 7 64-bit
2 years ago#16
bump
i5 2500k | ASUS P8P67 | CORSAIR 650W | 8GB DDR3 1600 | GTX 660 | 2TB 7200 RPM | Windows 7 64-bit
2 years ago#17
why dont you just try it and find out
^ this
2 years ago#18
LordSeifer posted...
why dont you just try it and find out

I don't have monitor yet I wanted to work out these unknowns first, so I buy the right one.
2 years ago#19
I didn't know they still made monitors with speakers. Seems like a waste, they probably aren't that great.
Bold Text
2 years ago#20
Audio out is pretty much audio out, in my experience. You should be able to plug the jack on your 2.0 speakers into the headphone port of your cellphone and get audio.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do most monitors only have the audio in jack in the back ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived