This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does Morrowind "need" to be enhanced by mods?

#1BendoHendoPosted 6/8/2014 12:55:42 PM
I have never used a gameplay or graphics on Morrowind, aside from the widescreen resolution and draw distance extender. There is something that is endearing and charming about it's graphics and even the dice-rolling combat that I would not change it.

--
#2TwindragonfangPosted 6/8/2014 1:01:05 PM
I only use graphics mods with Morrowind personally, and a few tweaks to make some items more enchantable, cus i like their looks. I like the combat in Morrowind, and the magic, I just enjoy the game.
#3ShadowThaReaperPosted 6/8/2014 1:02:27 PM
It doesn't.

People are just dumb casuals.
#4CatToyPosted 6/8/2014 1:11:04 PM(edited)
There aren't too many mods that even make the gameplay better. The only ones that I would absolutely recommend are Gelsiahs Character Development and something that fixes the way magic experience is handled.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#5tumbleweed1Posted 6/8/2014 1:11:40 PM
because it needs them
#6LoshadtPosted 6/8/2014 1:12:19 PM
Morrowind requires very few gameplay changes compared to Oblivion and Skyrim, in fact I'd say it doesn't really need any aside from the Morrowind Code Patch.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#7SmudgieMuffinsPosted 6/8/2014 1:17:00 PM
I do think there is an endearing quality to it, but that's purely nostalgia. I still think it's a good game on it's own merits. It just has a lot of problems that I have the advantage of being much more tolerate of because of my past experiences with the game. I can perfectly well understand why someone would be annoyed with these problems and would want to fix them.
#8SinisterSlayPosted 6/8/2014 1:17:28 PM
Well the combat is some of the worst ever....
Maybe it's one step up above
"Kill troll with sword"
Miss
"Kill troll with sword"
The troll is hit in the head and dies.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#9ShadowThaReaperPosted 6/8/2014 1:19:01 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
Well the combat is some of the worst ever....

Not any worse than Oblivion and Skyrim.

Left click x 100 because difficulty means everything having millions of HP.
#10Ticking_DeathPosted 6/8/2014 1:56:55 PM(edited)
Like Oblivion and Skyrim after it, Morrowind is a very buggy and mediocre game on its own. It's akin to buying a 3D version of RPGMaker, but it comes with thousands of bugs out of the box.

Edit: Before someone tries to call me out, I'd like to add that a game being bad or mediocre doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. I have a great fondness for the .hack series, but those games have very mediocre gameplay at best.
---
MSI Z87-G45 ATX LGA1150 | i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair XMS 1x8 GB DDR3-1600 | Win7 Ultimate
Using a bow sure has its drawbacks. :V