This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gaming keyboard

#1FusionCPosted 6/8/2014 3:36:34 PM
I'm looking for a decent gaming keyboard for around 50 USD (not counting shipping) I've seen a few in that range but have no clue if they are worth a dang. Anyone got any recommendations?
---
For the Horde!!!!
#2Silent Sniper IV(Moderator)Posted 6/8/2014 3:42:28 PM
I personally feel like at $50 you're getting an overpriced keyboard with some bells and whistles on it. I would save up twice that and get a solid mechanical instead. It just feels kind of pointless to me to go half-in and get an expensive rubber dome board.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#3MaKhaosPosted 6/8/2014 3:46:25 PM
If you really are limited to $50. This is the cheapest decent mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Blues at $48.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=114&cp_id=11401&cs_id=1140102&p_id=9433&seq=1&format=2
---
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
#4FusionC(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 3:56:03 PM
I know that 50 isn't a lot but after dropping the money on my new CPU, Mobo, PSU, and GPU my remaining funds are limited. The Keyboard I have is at least 8 years old and is a PS/2 mouse from a old prebuilt
---
For the Horde!!!!
#5Silent Sniper IV(Moderator)Posted 6/8/2014 4:00:20 PM
MaKhaos posted...
If you really are limited to $50. This is the cheapest decent mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Blues at $48.

Just important to note: two separate reviews say that that only has two-key rollover when it's advertised as six. That's kind of a dealbreaker for a gaming board.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#6FusionC(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 4:11:14 PM
It's a bit more expensive than I would like but i saw a Razer keyboard for I believe 80 (Sorry I can't be more specific) I have been in love with my Razer mouse for a couple of years. Are the keyboards any good?
---
For the Horde!!!!
#7Blobs_Posted 6/8/2014 4:15:37 PM(edited)
If the razer keyboard was only 80, then it probably was the deathstalker, which is basically a glorified laptop keyboard.

EDIT: Either that or a lycosa, which is still not worth the money considering it's not mechanical. Razer stuff tends to break a lot. So although you might have had a good experience with your mouse, I'd still recommend staying away from most razer products. Also I may add their new black widow keyboards are completely manufactured in china now.
---
is haha
#8DoramiPosted 6/8/2014 4:14:29 PM
No. The Razer mechanical keyboards are sourced from a factory known for low durability Cherry switch knockoffs and poor soldering on the mini-USB port to which the cable connects.

If you're willing to go up to $80, a CM Quickfire Rapid or XT is a much better option.
---
C2D L7500 | GMA X3100 | 4 GB DDR2 | 250 GB Evo
#9Blobs_Posted 6/8/2014 4:16:37 PM
Dorami posted...
No. The Razer mechanical keyboards are sourced from a factory known for low durability Cherry switch knockoffs and poor soldering on the mini-USB port to which the cable connects.

If you're willing to go up to $80, a CM Quickfire Rapid or XT is a much better option.

Seconded, my friend and I both have CM Storm Quickfire XT keyboards and they've been more than satisfactory for a while now.
---
is haha
#10Terrorknight3Posted 6/8/2014 4:17:23 PM
I got the CM storm quickfire rapid with blue mx switches. It is like one of the TOp mechanical keyboards from Amazon.

ANyone here have it or have good things to say about it? :D