This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

4670K overclock owners...what clock, voltage, and temps are you getting?

#1BogePosted 6/8/2014 10:52:45 PM
Playing around with my overclock, I'm at 4.5 right now and 1.21v. My ambient temps are 33ish and gaming is hitting low 60s.

I'm just curious as to how this compares to others.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#2Boge(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2014 2:34:21 PM
No help?

Here's my issue, I've mentioned it before. I can't seem to get any overclock to work. I've tried various clock speeds and different voltages. Sometimes it seems to work fine, then at other times I get the oddest issues. When I boot up windows, sometimes the sound will be all slow and garbled and things don't flow smoothly, like scrolling windows around on the desktop. I'll reboot and it will go to a black screen with the _ cursor in the upper left, but not go into windows. I have to turn off my machine and back on to go back into windows. It almost seems like it has to warm up before actually functioning correctly with an overclock. It will almost always do these issues when I turn on the first time in the day. Sometimes I'll get a display driver has stopped working. I know it's not the video card since it did the same thing with another card. It also doesn't have any of these issues when it's not overclocked, although the windows boot sound goes through my headphones instead of the monitor speakers, but all other sounds come out the monitor speakers...odd.

I know it's not the monitor speakers because, as I said, it doesn't have issues when it's not overclocked.

As I posted above, 4.5@1.21v was working fine yesterday, but today I get issues. It doesn't matter if it's 4.2, 4.4, 4.6. I just can't find the sweet spot. So I'm curious as to where I should start, what settings should I change. I know there are a bunch of other things like Uncore and VIN, etc. I just don't know.

It would be nice to have some of you post your settings so maybe I could get an idea of where I could start.

Any chance there is something wrong with the motherboard or the processor? I wouldn't think so since it works fine at default settings, but I've never had an issue like this, so I don't know.
---
#3Delta_F14Posted 6/9/2014 2:44:53 PM
Boge posted...
My ambient temps are 33ish and gaming is hitting low 60s.

What cpu cooler are you using? That's my temps at stock clocks with an H60.
---
Vault Dweller > All other Video game characters
#4Boge(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2014 2:51:19 PM(edited)
Hyper 212 Evo. I'd guess my ambient temps are fairly low, but I'm kind of a heat sensitive person, so my body can't really tell that much. Guessing 65ish F.

The fan seems to kick up once it reaches the 60c mark. I like my PC quiet, so I like to keep it under that.

I just can't get a stable overclock.
---
#5Delta_F14Posted 6/9/2014 3:03:59 PM
Well, now that I have a decent cooler I'm gonna try to start overclocking. I'll come back with the results. Also do you have turboboost on or off?
---
Vault Dweller > All other Video game characters
#6Boge(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2014 3:12:47 PM
On by default. I never changed it. I did specifically change each core to 4.5 or whatever I was trying.

On stock clocks though, for some reason when I do a test, it just goes up to 3.6 although it's supposed to be 3.8.
---
#7SuigintouEVPosted 6/9/2014 9:46:53 PM(edited)
Don't pay much attention to my gaming temps, as the temps I was getting during some hard Intel Burn Test and Aida64 were decent enough as it were and gaming is below that (note: my cooling is probably a good step up from your cooling, and realistically if you're shooting for pushing these processors this far, I recommend getting better cooling.

Now all that said, here's what it took for me to get the processor stabley overclocked:

Core - 4500 mhz
Vcore = 1.215v
voltage offset - 0.01v
Ring voltage (AKA uncore) - 1.16 w/ 0.01v offset
Ring frequency - 4000mhz

Been running this setup since December without much issue (and the few issues I have had have been with my memory overclocks, not the processor).

To be honest, I would not run my setup with this overclock off of a 212.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#8DragnfyrPosted 6/9/2014 11:06:20 PM
I'd say probably only the top 10% of chips can get 4.5Ghz stable at 1.21V.
Right now now I'm running 1.24V for 4.3Ghz.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+240GB SSDs
#9Boge(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 11:24:35 AM(edited)
I can't get any function to work properly accept do the auto overclock. If I change ANYTHING else, I get those odd sounds and quirky issues.

And the auto overclock has me at 4.4ghz 1.267v. I don't like that. I'm hitting the 50s while browsing.
---
#10romsnbombsPosted 6/12/2014 12:27:41 PM
Boge posted...
I'm hitting the 50s while browsing.

Time to delid ;)
---
2600k | GTX 780 | P8P67-M Pro | 8GB | VG248QE G-Sync